+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Mike.

Default DIY phonostage.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    You need to buy one.
    Ah ok, are the boards still available, sorry I'm still reading through the thread and noticed that it was a group buy that ended ages ago, but I'm only up to page 15 of 36 ( I use Tapatalk ) lol.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 12-08-2017 at 22:22.

I'm Deleted.

Default DIY phonostage.

The boards are long sold out and can now only be picked up from people who bought them and are selling them on. There used to be quite a few available this way but they are now becoming rare and don't come up often.

Simon used to let potential customers try his but I don't think he's planning on building any more.
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The boards are long sold out and can now only be picked up from people who bought them and are selling them on. There used to be quite a few available this way but they are now becoming rare and don't come up often.

Simon used to let potential customers try his but I don't think he's planning on building any more.
    ok, no worries plan Z it is then

I'm Sandro.

2 Improve listening room.jpg3 TT and arm worthy of paradise .jpg4A who is going to complain .jpg4Bwork in progress .jpgAll I need is same BC337_40.jpg
    mikeyb

Do not despair options are :
    1)Ask on Diyaudio
    2)ask Simon
    3)wait a long time for some one to design and make new boards

I did a first sketch and print of the boards a couple of years ago posted on Diyaudio Hessener comment was that is a very tight input stage
    I am still working on it and made quite same progress

1) get rid of GF . Done
    2)improve listening room . 95% need to isolate the wall whit neighbours but that can be done later
    3)get new TT and arm worthy of paradise
    4) sort out end of chain to be worthy of new TT and arm ( this is constant work in progress just got a pair of Daly Rubicon on loan from Dogodaudio Liverpool
    5) obtain a decent number of BC337-40 to finish populating the R3 boards I had on the bench from 2 years ago and that where started before point 1 of this list became the main priority as remaining point 2 to 5 would not have been possible .
    6) once R3 boards whit Calvin Buffer are completed dig out old drawings and restart

As you understand it is a slow process for example the next stage point 6 will mean design and build a few prototypes and once that is done and working I will find a decent professional studio to make decent boards
    7) Get decent boards made
    8) make a lot of peoples happy and a further lot not so ...

It is going to take same time work and money, SEE 1 and 2 where 2 is buy new house whit 15 ft X 16 ft living room, but once U listen to Paradise for the first time I am sure you would agree that it is well worthy

I'm Jez.

Another option is to wait until I begin making a phono stage which works on the same almost unique operating principle as the Paradise in a few months time.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Deleted.

Default DIY phonostage.

Are you going to use the alternative output stage?

Also, interesting choice of capacitors in the RIAA - any particular reasons for that combo?

Edit: oh sorry, just read your post properly and I see you are going to add the Calvin buffer boards .
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Another option is to wait until I begin making a phono stage which works on the same almost unique operating principle as the Paradise in a few months time.
    That would be good, always keen to try new stuff.

I'm Martin.

Simon,

Is that a HiFi-2000 / Modu case?
    I was looking for a full size Alu case to house the dual PSU but can't find one exactly like I want.
    Can either find the size I want in steel or smaller than I'd like in Alu.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post

I boxed this one up today, it's going to Wales.
    Analogue: Technics SL1210 M5G, AN Arm One/II, Blue Angel Mantis MC
    Amps: Devialet 200
    Speakers: Usher Mini 2 Dancer DMD
    Cables: Supra, Mark Grant, Reference Fidelity
    DIY System Audiosector Gainclone, Salas DCB1, AudioSector MC Phono stage

I'm Simon.

Yeh it's a modushop, vented case, 10 mm front panel.

I have one complete Paradise left, with original psu and Calvins. Just needs boxing up and a buyer. It'll defo be the last one I do.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Far above what I can do, my knowledge of electronics is limited to welding and bashing
    I was thinking about using complementary Toshibas for the mirrors as they do not have such a wide HFE span as the not so complementary BC337-40
    I am sure the PSU would also benefit from a re- design maybe use Zen Mod Shunty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast