+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Surprised Mate..that reads as Amateur ? Beginner talk
    To whom is the "amateur" bit addressed and who is the "beginner" danilo?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

Oh stop it! The irony is beginning to hurt Bet Danilo's looking forward to a Pass Labs belt buckle for Xmas.... and "The Ladybird Book of Electronics".... Illustrated.

Andrew, it's been refreshing to see another EE on here with actual opinions... Danilo would do well to listen to them, as you seem to talk sense
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

RothwellAudio Guest

I'm surprised at the "beginner" and "amateur" comments, but not particularly upset. Though I was having a pop at that circuit, no insult to any forum member was intended.
    Being a bit sad I read technical papers for an evening's entertainment. Ironically, I was reading a paper from Siliconix only a few days ago all about biasing JFETs. I wonder if they're bebinners too?
    Last edited by RothwellAudio; 30-10-2016 at 16:23.

I'm Simon.

Back on track with the Paradise, a not piece of guess work pot luck. 160+ carefully selected components per channel.

Destined to end up in Manchester.

Sounding double fine in my house at the minute. makes me realise I really do have to upgrade to the dual box psu.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Alan.

Very Nice Simon
    Any good reason for the red Leds ?

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Simon.

They're lower current so an extra one is needed either side for the ccs to draw the correct current, and that extra one can be carried to the back of the front panel as an indicator that each side of the shunt reg is functioning. I've just left em on the edge of the board in this build but I wanted to try it as an option. The lack of a visible 'on' has always bugged me.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

Wink

It's been a while. I've had a part-built sat waiting for cases for several months. It's probably the last Paradise I'll scratch build and the demise of Andrew P's Naim shoebox cases has left me high and dry. So... I put some money down and ordered some new full width cases. These things are lovely, turns the Paradise into a real visual statement.

I'll order up cables and sockets and get cracking with this over the next few weeks. I've never done a big two box build with my psu boards so this should be a cracker.

I've also got final set to build, for none other than Joachim, the designer...

Bigman80 Guest

Looks fantastic !!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm martin.

Hi Simon,

Looks a great build as usual, mentioned the Paradise on the Linn Forum and not one comment I suppose because it's not a Linn phono stage but it I did mention it on the " 3rd party product ".

Regards,

Martin

I'm Simon.

I think I built Paradises for four linnies, two replace uphorik, one an ulrika and one Linto.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast