+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Simon.

I use the values from the notes, not the schematic and have always built with j107 and 5102 or whatever the match is. I use mje350 and 220pf caps. On the shunt I run 8.2 ohm 5 watt non inductive wire wound five watts and heat output is modest if you use a 300mA choke regulated power supply/ pre regulator and stick to 25.5- 26v under load into the shunt.

Slav I think I have a spare quad of those 8.2 ohm resistors. Ill include them with your coils if I can find them.

Don't forget to lift that 100k before you plug them into your paradise. That 27r need only be 250mw, use a good metal film.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Slav.

Simon , don't worry about 8R2 resistors I have some 3W in the cupboard, appreciate your help with inductors

I'm Simon.

Theyre in the box, use then if you want. the extra dissipation keeps things cool.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post

Theyre in the box, use then if you want. the extra dissipation keeps things cool.
    Very kind of you , thank you Simon

I'm Simon.

For a change I've been doing some metalwork for myself.

What's under all those holes?

Of course my soldering iron died today, so It's all on hold until a new iron arrives. Leaving me without a PSU for my Paradise. Time to turn on that dac....

I'm Keith.

Nice work as always Simon.

I see you recommend the addition of 33uf 50V Organic Polymer caps at the p/s input on the Paradise boards; from where do you obtain these as I cannot find them at either Farnell or RS.

I'm Simon.

Farnell, wurth make em

I'm Keith.

Thanks Simon; found em.

I'm Sandro.

Well got one Channel running
    And just spent 3/4 hours testing the second one which is not working
    All voltages are ok current throug the supply resistors is fine and I have made sure all transistor are the right way around and not mixed up the 337 whit the 327 about 12 times but no way I could find the blipping fault, then I just noticed that I was using the wrong channel plug from my passive RIAA
    Feel free to take the piss out of me ...

I may get it to play tomorrow and start fine tuning

I'm Slav.

Powered up one channel , I have fairly big voltage fluctuation +/- 80mV on the output ( with 10k on input) and 1.6V on pin 6 of the OPA .
    I covered input stage transistors with little cardboard house , board sits in the box , all transistors matched within 2-3 Hfe , I guess I leave it powered for some time .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast