+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    ive auditioned the LOng dog MC jfetbphonstage way before I got my Paradise and it's on the same level as the latest Sugden masterclass phonostage (which I own). Whilst good it's considerably behind a fully modded paradise.
    Can't argue mate as i havent heard one.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    Foo resistor jealousy
    No need to have - I’ve tried a Paradise fitted with super resistors in the RIAA and didn’t think it was worth doing the mod. Now the loading resistor is another matter.
    Account Deleted

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Can't argue mate as i havent heard one.
    I have heard the Paradise and whilst exceedingly good, the Vivant is on a par but with a more 'fluid' presentation IMHO.

See http://theaudiostandard.net/post/121635
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Don't sell it, just extend the umbilical cables from the power supplies so you can put them out of the way.
    This is another option , need to run it through my second half as she's fed up with all vinyl lying around , tv shelf full of so many boxes.
    If I decided to ditch Paradise , I think something not more expensive than 2-2.5k and solid state is a must but as I said I'll start looking into it in a couple of months.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have heard the Paradise and whilst exceedingly good, the Vivant is on a par but with a more 'fluid' presentation IMHO.

I'm honestly surprised you say that as the Paradise is one of the most fluid stages I have heard - perhaps we are attributing slightly different meanings to 'fluid'. Do you have a loaner Vivant one could try?

Interesting pictures in the link
    Account Deleted

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

Funny how we heard the same thing yet have such a difference of opinion about the 2. I had the Vivant as more upfront and forceful, treble had an edge to that wasn't to my liking. Not a fair assessment from 20 minutes listening, but I bought a Paradise ;-)

I'm Alan.

OK Mark, we are repeating our little conversation.

Always best to hear things in your own system so can we arrange for me to come over some time?

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I'm honestly surprised you say that as the Paradise is one of the most fluid stages I have heard - perhaps we are attributing slightly different meanings to 'fluid'. Do you have a loaner Vivant one could try?

Interesting pictures in the link
    I don't post the Vivant I have but am willing to bring it up to you for a trial.

I'm mark.

Yeah, need to get my loading sorted, might even have a Koetsu running in a month

I'm Alan.

Oooh, nice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast