+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Simon.

Default DIY phonostage.

I've been slaving over this for a while now an it's time to start boxing it up. I'm happy with my choice for IEC's and switch gear, but I'm looking for something new for my RCA sockets and most important of all the internal wiring which needs to be shielded for best performance.

Any suggestions for low mass RCA sockets and shielded co-ax?
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Nobody.

Simon:
    What made you choose the Dale resistors? Did you consider the Takman's!

I'm Simon.

The Dale's are a 0.1% mil-spec rated resistor from one of the worlds leading manufacturers with a 50+ year history of supplying manufacturers of precision electronics equipment and they are used in everything from Siemens medical imaging equipment to Tektronix who make my oscilloscope.

and the Takman's aren't. They are overpriced and underspecced, regardless of any magic they may or may not impart.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Nobody.

Ah right its the good old specifications again then

I'm Rob.

Who makes the PCB?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Simon.

Andre, it's the 0.1% more than anything else that made me choose them, that and price. I'll be using fancy Charcrofts for the loading once i've homed in on my preferred value with this phonostage.

Rob, it was a DIYAudio.com group buy. The circuit is by Joachim Gerhard with layout and routing added by others.

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Ah right its the good old specifications again then
    And that they have been used in such accurate and long lasting well built equipment surely.

A phono stage should be treated as accurate equipment too due to the small signal.

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post

Rob, it was a DIYAudio.com group buy. The circuit is by Joachim Gerhard with layout and routing added by others.
    I've been interested in that thread too. Had you tried out any of the simple circuits near the beginning of the thread? Looked more my level.

I hadn't realised they had finalised anything (due to the length of the chatting).

I'm Paul.

Nice work Simon.

For internal shielded wiring, I'd suggest the silver screened 4N silver wire shown on this page: http://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/wire.html or alternatively the Cardas 33AWG triple core shielded wire (just twist all three cores together once stripped and then tin)

Pricey but good.

If you get stick RE Sockets, let me know. I can supply a wide variety depending on budget.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post

Aah. I have had a few GB's from DIYaudio. Thanks.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast