+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Simon.

I wish she could play like that.

Dum, Dum, Dum, another one bites the dust. Just metalwork and testing left to do.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm mark.

Foo resistor jealousy

Tell me R3 is betterer than R2 so I can hold onto something

I'm Slav.

I'm toying with idea of selling mine to free up some space on the shelf (going for 2 box but lower size of phono stage ) , out of curiosity what's the re-sale value of Paradise ( 3 boxes with black acrylic panels , RIAA sockets for easy alteration , R31b version, Dale resistors all over the circuit , Calvins buffers fitted ,crucial spare replacement parts provided , I can supply different variations of RIAA plus components , loading - plugable resistor but could be changed to loading plugs at the back of the panel , all tested and working obviously ) .
    THIS ISN'T SALES JUST AN EVALUATION , NO OFFERS PLEASE AS I WON'T REPLY
    Last edited by mac72; 22-04-2018 at 09:19.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    I'm toying with idea of selling mine to free up some space on the shelf (going for 2 box but lower size of phono stage ) , out of curiosity what's the re-sale value of Paradise ( 3 boxes with black acrylic panels , RIAA sockets for easy alteration , R31b version, Dale resistors all over the circuit , Calvins buffers fitted ,crucial spare replacement parts provided , I can supply different variations of RIAA plus components , loading - plugable resistor but could be changed to loading plugs at the back of the panel , all tested and working obviously ) .
    THIS ISN'T SALES JUST AN EVALUATION , NO OFFERS PLEASE AS I WON'T REPLY
    Price is hard to guess though Forane12 put his up for £1200 last month (incl shipping from Bulgaria) and it sold within a day. It's excellent provenance no doubt helped a lot. I suspect there would be a healthy interest for a quality build.

I'm mark.

Forane's was a gift and he has been a pleasure to deal with, but no Calvin's. Micky's 4 box, Calvins ect sold for £1500 so somewhere in-between. There's a few people waiting for them to turn up .

I'm Slav.

Thanks guys, I won't be selling for next few months , need to demo some stages which won't be easy.
    Any advice what to look for , must be 2boxes and close to Paradise performance wise

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    Thanks guys, I won't be selling for next few months , need to demo some stages which won't be easy.
    Any advice what to look for , must be 2boxes and close to Paradise performance wise
    I don't know what your budget is but Nick Gorham's Music First valve phono must be one of the best out there. Nick is an extremely capable designer and builder. He runs the audio-talk forum. The Music First one is possibly above your budge (just checked) though he may be able to build something tasty for you.

Bigman80 Guest

Can highly recommend the Longdog Audio MC Jfet phonostage. Same designer, less money. Having not heard a Paradise, it's hard to know where it ranks but the LDA is very good. Not sure why a Two box design is a must though? Also, having heard the MF phonostage, whilst it is exemplary in performance, it's about £10k and you'd need a world beating SUT to get the best out of it with a MC cart like the ZYX.

Maybe ask Alan for a trial of his Vivant too, he is usually very accomodating also, as it's MC and MM, there's no extra SUT required.

I'm Deleted.

Don't sell it, just extend the umbilical cables from the power supplies so you can put them out of the way.
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Can highly recommend the Longdog Audio MC Jfet phonostage. Same designer, less money. Having not heard a Paradise, it's hard to know where it ranks but the LDA is very good. Not sure why a Two box design is a must though? Also, having heard the MF phonostage, whilst it is exemplary in performance, it's about £10k and you'd need a world beating SUT to get the best out of it with a MC cart like the ZYX.

Maybe ask Alan for a trial of his Vivant too, he is usually very accomodating also, as it's MC and MM, there's no extra SUT required.
    ive auditioned the LOng dog MC jfetbphonstage way before I got my Paradise and it's on the same level as the latest Sugden masterclass phonostage (which I own). Whilst good it's considerably behind a fully modded paradise.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast