+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    ive auditioned the LOng dog MC jfetbphonstage way before I got my Paradise and it's on the same level as the latest Sugden masterclass phonostage (which I own). Whilst good it's considerably behind a fully modded paradise.
    Were you able to audition both at the same time with the same source etc? Was the Paradise superior in every way? I am a Paradise owner (when I can find time to finish it) and I know it's a great piece of kit but I also know that valves have their own qualities, especially with great circuit design. This is a bold statement that you make.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    Were you able to audition both at the same time with the same source etc? Was the Paradise superior in every way? I am a Paradise owner (when I can find time to finish it) and I know it's a great piece of kit but I also know that valves have their own qualities, especially with great circuit design. This is a bold statement that you make.
    We had the Paradise and Nick's Music First stages back to back at one of the NEBOs and as far as I was concerned you could not put a fag paper between them, they were both astonishingly good. Just on another level entirely from everything else. Never mind there being anything better out there, I'd be amazed if it was even possible to make something better.

I'd get that Paradise finished quick-time if I were you
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I don't post the Vivant I have but am willing to bring it up to you for a trial.
    Well that’s a very kind offer - is Sheffield not too far for you? If not then perhaps in a month or so when work (my work that is) is less manic?
    Account Deleted

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We had the Paradise and Nick's Music First stages back to back at one of the NEBOs and as far as I was concerned you could not put a fag paper between them, they were both astonishingly good. Just on another level entirely from everything else. Never mind there being anything better out there, I'd be amazed if it was even possible to make something better.

Hmm... , after hearing all this I might reconsider my idea and stick to YNWaN's advice - extend cables and hide boxes away , there will be another one once I find some time to build speed controller .
    Haven't heard many Hi End stages but Trilogy 907 came closest to Paradise if my memory serves right ,
    Thanks for all comments

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    Yes. Same kit, my systems have been pretty static for the last 4-5 years. No, the paradise wasn't superior in every way. Can you define what "every way" means? I have a very hot rodded EAR 834 clone which in some instances equals my 4 box paradise so it's not perfect. I can only report back what I heard in my system and to my ears, the Long Dog was out gunned by the Paradise. My Paradise has been constantly modded over the last several years and in some ways is different to others. I don't particularly think my claims are bold, just my humble opinion.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Well that’s a very kind offer - is Sheffield not too far for you? If not then perhaps in a month or so when work (my work that is) is less manic?
    We are looking for trips out in the motorhome so when you are ready get in touch.

I'm Andrew.

Alan, check you inbox mate!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Is that the Music First stage that is 10K and moving magnet only?
    Account Deleted

I'm Martin.

I don't know, is there more than one? But IIRC the retail cost of it was more than £10K
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Yes it is and yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast