+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Cool
    where did you get the transistors from ?
    From the 4000 you sent to Simon!
    Analogue: Technics SL1210 M5G, AN Arm One/II, Blue Angel Mantis MC
    Amps: Devialet 200
    Speakers: Usher Mini 2 Dancer DMD
    Cables: Supra, Mark Grant, Reference Fidelity
    DIY System Audiosector Gainclone, Salas DCB1, AudioSector MC Phono stage

I'm Sandro.

Cool

I'm Andrew.

USA
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    All I can say (for lack of knowledge not for mercenary intention) the speed of the Paradise is unbelievable.
    If a sound is on the record, the T before the finger completely closes the holes on a flute for example, will be there to ear.

Maybe it would be wise to listen to one before much posting
    I asked Jez a question - why you seem to take offence at that I don't know. How transconductance is related to speed, I have no idea.
    Transconductance is an unusual amplifying principle (voltage in = current out) so I was asking what the attraction is. Why would I need to hear any particular phonostage to ask that question?

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I asked Jez a question - why you seem to take offence at that I don't know. How transconductance is related to speed, I have no idea.
    Transconductance is an unusual amplifying principle (voltage in = current out) so I was asking what the attraction is. Why would I need to hear any particular phonostage to ask that question?
    No offence taken and certainly not my intention to give, why should I ?
    Just stating fact that, probably more in Hi Fi than in any other sector, the proof of the pudding is in listening.
    Transconductance ?
    I don't know as well, to me is just magic, I have heard the Paradise and that is the impression I had, did Jez tried one ?
    For the same reason that I will be going to Doug Brady for a demo next week so I can hear what a £16 each transistor can do

I'm Simon.

Resistors Andy, not transistors.

Your transistors are matched to better than 1% for hfe and matched for low noise.

He's has heard one of mine running a single box psu and slightly low rails, 25v. It wasn't a great match to his cart to be honest.

The benefits of transconductance with respect to low level signals are well covered in the 3000+ posts long MPP thread on diy audio.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Andrew.

Simon,

The photo that you requested, I could not link via a PM

DSCN3258.jpg
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Simon.

I've got it.

Looks like we'll be adding them to the front panel.

I need to see inside now...
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    The benefits of transconductance with respect to low level signals are well covered in the 3000+ posts long MPP thread on diy audio.
    Any chance of a summary to save me wading through 3000 posts?

I'm Deleted.

Default DIY phonostage.

Si, no rest for the wicked - you must be most fatigued then .
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast