+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My system-coming together nicely

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    If i ever did buy a new speaker it would deffo be an Harbeth..
    You won't be disappointed RB, had Tiger Ebony SHL5 but sadly moved on when i hit bad times,
    still rate them as my top speakers ever and would go back to them in a heartbeat if i ever hit a purple patch again.

Peter's M30's look delicious.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    If i ever did buy a new speaker it would deffo be an Harbeth..
    A pair of 30.1's has recently arrived in my household. They are both beautiful to look at (I got the Eucalyptus veneer) and to listen to.

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremite View Post
    A pair of 30.1's has recently arrived in my household. They are both beautiful to look at (I got the Eucalyptus veneer) and to listen to.
    Niiiice....!!!, lovely way to spend Christmas.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Tim.

Very nice looking (and sounding I'll bet) system. Love the finish on your Harbeth's!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fretless View Post
    Here are some pics of my system as it stands now. The Harbeth Monitor 30.1s and the LFD LE Mk.4 amp work very well together.
    Lovely balanced system there, another fan of LFD here.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremite View Post

Any further thoghts on the M30.1 Simon?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Any further thoghts on the M30.1 Simon?
    I think the easiest way to describe their impact on my system (Meridian 200/263 into Quad 66/606) is simply to say that the hifi has been on almost all the hours it possibly could have been on since they arrived. They replaced a pair of ESL-63's, which were good, but simply not as ergonomically easy to listen to; you can listen to the Harbeth's from anywhere in a room and they sound just as focussed and musical.

They have enough bass to listen to organ music; they have good stereo imaging; they sound good at low or high volumes; there is absolutely no fatigue in listening to them for hours on end. They're just plain musical!

Perhaps you can tell how much I like them now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12