+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FLAC 48/24 files for itunes for Squeezebox

I'm Peter.

Default FLAC 48/24 files for itunes for Squeezebox

I've got a FLAC file that I transcoded to ALAC (48/24) that I want to play through my Squeezebox. Since I used iTunes/Airport express prior to the Squeezebox, I continue to use iTunes to rip and store music. From the Squeezebox forum, I've learned that Squeezecentre transcodes 44.1/16 ALAC files to FLAC 44.1/16 before playback, but cannot transcode anything else.

What are my options to continue to use iTunes to organise the music and be able to playback 48/24 or, even, 96/24 ?
    Last edited by Peter Stockwell; 10-03-2009 at 12:27.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Can't help with the transcoding,but AFAIK,the Squeezebox can only output a max of 48 khz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Can't help with the transcoding,but AFAIK,the Squeezebox can only output a max of 48 khz.
    Yeah, specs here.

I'm Peter.

Is this a roundabout way of telling me to transcode FLAC 48/24 to AIFF for organisation with iTunes ?
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.