+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more Youtube music in the UK

I'm Neil.

Default No more Youtube music in the UK

Hi Guys

Apparently from tonight You tube users in the UK will not be able to watch Music videos on the site. Crap....( This may not cover all music videos but a lot.)

News link below.
    http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/0...deos-in-the-uk

BBC News link
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7933565.stm

This link is about issues with Warner Music and You Tube from late last year.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/warner-music-videos-drop-youtube/story.aspx?guid={28C071A4-84A5-482F-A973-6C8F68AE8A23}

I have tried a few of the links posted to you tube in this section, but so far they work...but for how long ?

Just tried some more artists that would have their music pulled....so far still working...time 12.12. Be interesting to see if it all works tomorrow.

Regards D S D L----Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 10-03-2009 at 00:12. Reason: Some further info....
    Regards Neil

This is still on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0wwo...eature=related

a wonderful example of Schubert's glorious change from minor to major
    Hans

MBL 1531 -> Allnic L-4000 -> Audiolab 8000S used as power amp only -> Quad 2805. Cables: Transparent Ultra

I'm Steve.

another backwards move/ i used to buy cd's on the back of hearing the artists on Pandora. Now there is another route to finding new music under threat, and to me at least it looks like they are cutting off thier nose to spite thier face....

They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Neil.

Default Agreed

Hi aquapiranha

Yes I agree...I have bought a fair bit on the back of you tube discoveries and links posted on this forum. This is very much a retrograde step. I understand the issues here, and in the short term the PRS may feel they have done well but all those smaller artists are the very musicians that will suffer as a result of this own goal. If you don't know about it how can you buy it. PRATS

Regards D S D L----Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

Yes companies do not see this as way for people to discover new music all they can see is not getting royalties
    Last edited by John; 10-03-2009 at 16:03.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

As of 5.32 still working brought up Leona Lewis who is not supposed to be available and The Saturdays (the next Girls Aloud).....Maybe NI is not thought of as being in the UK ..... John can you still watch stuff where you are....pop music ?

Regards D S D L----Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

We can still watch over here Neil but not sure if some content has stopped
    Maybe they agreed a deal?
    Last edited by John; 10-03-2009 at 18:00.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Neil.

Keep watching until it stops or not as the case may be...

Regards D S D L---Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

According to the arcticle you tube already removed premium videos on March 9th I would presume most of the stuff I enjoy is not premium It also says both parties are working on a deal so It seems to be more about haggling over money between you tube and the Performing rights society so think it will sorted sooner or latter
    Last edited by John; 10-03-2009 at 18:15.

I'm Neil.

Leona Lewis is premium and she is still on.

Regards D S D L----Neil
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast