+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technics mat replacement.

I'm James.

I'm using this with a Herbies on top: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SoundDeadS...item2c5e57c3db

The Isoplatmat has a step machined in so it sits within the lip of the standard Technics platter. Sounds pretty good to my ears.

I'm Neil.

These stock platters ring like a bell quite literally when tapped, but some good advice IMO on sticking with the rubber. SRM Tech do an awesome silicone mat for £30, which is perfect for the sort of ringy metal platters usually found on direct drive decks! I found acrylic mats to do a good job too, but needed to use a clamp.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

The vantage bonded technics platter has very little ringing in it , and once an LP is placed on top its pretty much dead .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Michell clamp maybe?
    Yes ! Good suggestion Chris , forgot about that , or the clearaudio clever clamp ?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Andrew.

I use a Achromat 5mm 1210 version + Michell record clamp on PolyMorph (my 1210) and that sounds very good indeed.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I use a Achromat 5mm 1210 version + Michell record clamp on PolyMorph (my 1210) and that sounds very good indeed.
    Plus 1

Definitely no complaints here!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Tried it and the vantage platter with nothing on sounds best IMO. I recently tried a carbon infused mat from Tonar who distribute Nagaoka in europe which I have started selling and it is pretty good for under £20, it resembles a slip mat and does not look anything special.

The Oyaide mat is still the one to beat for me if you are using the stock platter.
    I also have tried the stock rubber mat on the Vantage platter and agree with you and Chris that it sounds better without - just kills the high frequency zing and shimmer of percussion. In fact to date I've not heard any mat that improved the sound of the platter all by itself so I'm intrigued by your comment about the Tonar mat - are you saying that it does work well on top of the VA platter?

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    I also have tried the stock rubber mat on the Vantage platter and agree with you and Chris that it sounds better without - just kills the high frequency zing and shimmer of percussion. In fact to date I've not heard any mat that improved the sound of the platter all by itself so I'm intrigued by your comment about the Tonar mat - are you saying that it does work well on top of the VA platter?

Steve
    It does for me, you may as well try one for what they cost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12