+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indecisive pillock!

I'm Craig.

Default Indecisive pillock!

I'm referring to me, I open Spotify on the SBT, and then sit staring at it for ages as I then find I can't think of what I want to hear!
    Is it just me?
    Not helped with the SBT arseing up and shutting down regularly!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Paul.

stick it on shuffle, you might discover and fall in love with a track you never listened to before.
    Paul.

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Yeah... me too. Might ask yourself why you sat down in the first place if it wasn't to listen to something in particular..

The random choice thing can become a bit adictive, a bit like listening to the radio (a good station) to hear new music - you can sometimes forget you have a massive pile of CDs and vinyl you've not listened to in a while.

I'm ChrisB.

One feature of Spotify that is very good is the 'related artists' thing - it's not nearly as lame as the serving suggestions you get on Amazon or other places. Choose an artist you like and see where the related artists list takes you. I've found some excellent new music this way.

I'm stu.

Stick the radio on when indecisive.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Not just you Craig. Unless I have a list in front of me or a bunch of cd's, I csn never make my mind up what to listen to.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    One feature of Spotify that is very good is the 'related artists' thing - it's not nearly as lame as the serving suggestions you get on Amazon or other places. Choose an artist you like and see where the related artists list takes you. I've found some excellent new music this way.

I can go along with that. Was looking at all things Danny Thompson a short while ago and came across a live album by Darrell Scott (featuring DT on bass), someone I'd never heard of before. It's been my favourite purchase of the year, and all down to Spotify.

I'm Jerry.

Spend 10 minutes reading through 'Spinning Today' with a pen and a piece of paper by your side. You will have shed loads of stuff to stick in Spotify.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I completely agree with you Chris, in fact this is one of the great joys of Spotify for me. I get a real kick out of discovering new music and artists this way, some of whom I probably wouldn't have given the time of day to otherwise.

I recently discovered the wonderful Natalia Zukerman by hunting through the Related Artists list of Krista Detor, both of whom are very talented

I'm Rich.

When feeling indecisive I try to catch up on album club suggestions, I'm currently behind with the previous 3 as I've been working my way through my BW society of sound downloads.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread