+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I rescue these speakers?

I'm Steve.

I think both SS and valves are great ( I have valves at the moment) though each can be said to have their individual strenghts and it is these strengths that will endear themselves to different people, one mans poison is anothers.... this is why I have not discounted either. I understand that a valve pre with a tripath / chip amp sounds excellent though I have not yet tried this myself.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Dave.

Refoaming is not as tricky as you might think, I have done loads now. You can buy foams for most speakers from a guy in Holland - www.audiofriends.nl, he has all the sizes listed on his web site. It's a very satisfying thing to do, as is restoring cabinets.
    Best of luck with them,
    Dave.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I like valve amps too, but not with vintage IMF's. Not unless they're Graff's or similar, otherwise the bass will drown the nicely restored mid......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Jerry.

No, if I get a valve amp it will be used with my Vandersteens which are head and shoulders better than any thing else I have heard (IMHO).
    The IMF's will be given away I think.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12