+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those who asked - a few more Lenco Pics

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Thanks Steve.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Has yours the heavy platter mod (can't see from your profile picture) ?

The platter bling is just Brasso and grunt, then very finely coated in 5-in-1 to stop it tarnishing too quickly.

Mike
    Yes heavy platter and bearing. The old light platter used to magnetise my Ortofon Rondo bronze to it so I ended up using an MM before the conversion.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Mike.

Amazing sounding things don't you think ?

The heavy platter / bearing mod and slate plinth really play to the decks natural strengths (dynamics, bass, timing) I think.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Amazing sounding things don't you think ?

The heavy platter / bearing mod and slate plinth really play to the decks natural strengths (dynamics, bass, timing) I think.
    I think for the money they are embarassingly good. I said goodbye to my Linn LP12/Cirkus/Lingo/Trampolin 2 'cos this el cheapo turntable with stock platter and plinth sounded better.

It hit home when Abbadon's Bolero by ELP sounded as if I'd never heard it before and this is an album I've had since I was 13! Yes there were dynamics but also subtlety and pinpoint placement. Tghose traits got better with the heavy platter mod.

We have a 72 fanclub membership of precisely two now!

Steve
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Slawts View Post

It hit home when Abbadon's Bolero by ELP sounded as if I'd never heard it before and this is an album I've had since I was 13! Yes there were dynamics but also subtlety and pinpoint placement.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Didnt know Michell supplied black ones! intresting..Ive got a couple of Goldring/Lenco's presently working on a modified one
    Quote Originally Posted by Slawts View Post
    I think for the money they are embarassingly good. I said goodbye to my Linn LP12/Cirkus/Lingo/Trampolin 2 'cos this el cheapo turntable with stock platter and plinth sounded better.

It hit home when Abbadon's Bolero by ELP sounded as if I'd never heard it before and this is an album I've had since I was 13! Yes there were dynamics but also subtlety and pinpoint placement. Tghose traits got better with the heavy platter mod.

We have a 72 fanclub membership of precisely two now!

Steve
    Yea, but once the secret gets out there'll be a lot more of us !
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123