+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BPS Special Evo III ?

I'm Peter.

Default BPS Special Evo III ?

Hi all,

Anyone use/run a Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III high mc output cart? Presently doing my audio homework on it. I'm running an AT 440MLa mm, would the BPS Special Evo III be regarded better dynamically etc?

Any advice/experience/knowledge most welcome!
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Dave.

I've sold loads of them and they seem to do the job. Imaging properties of a MC, dynamic and with sufficient output designed to be used in a MM phono stage.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Not sure if the 504 tonearm might be a bit microphonic for an Evo III and beware, the BPS is a very delicate beast. Dave is too polite to mention this, but he and I always stocked two for every one sold, as the first one always came back broken.........

I'm wondering if the standard BP wouldn't be better for the 504, or better, an AT150 or Ortofon 2M bronze? Any of these would be better than the clumpy old DL110 and worth the extra. With care, a 10XV might work as well, but watch the arm for microphony, since this can be a big downfall with some cartridges, although others, like the MC30 Super I have, work just fine in the Dual arm..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread