+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classical albums for sale

I'm stu.

Default Classical albums for sale

Classical albums.
    75 mixture mainly single albums and a few doubles.
    Condition of the covers is generally very good but have noticed 2 or 3 where the spine needs re glueing.

Price of these are £5 each with £3.25 postage for the 1st album and a £1 each thereafter.

Next are 20 or so box sets.

£7 each £4 postage for the first £1.50 thereafter.

All the viynl is in very good condition and will refund if your not happy.

Quite happy to sell the whole lot as one and open to offers.

thanks.

Last edited by chelsea; 27-11-2012 at 22:16.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm stu.

Bump

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Stu,

What does this mean, mate:

Price of these are £5 each with £3.25 for the 1st...
    How much is the first one you buy, £5 or £3.25? I is confussed...

Say I bought three single albums, how much would it be?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm stu.

Doh,£3.25 postage for 1st album and a £1 each thereafter.

Ah, that's clearer now...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Angus.

Default Re: Classical albums for sale

Hello Stu,
    I'll take the following, assuming still available:

Missa Gloria Tibi Trinitas
    Palestrina Masses
    Tallis Complete English Anthems
    Sarum Chant

all by the Tallis Scholars.

let me know payment details and I'll get funds to you.

Thanks

Angus

I'm stu.

Bump.

Hi Stu,

May I offer a little constructive advice?

The reason that your records aren't shifting as quickly as you'd hoped is that, at £5 each, IMO, they're too expensive. TBH, I can pick up the same sort of stuff from charity shops, and it costs me no more than £3 an album, usually much less.

If you want your records to sell quicker, then may I suggest you adopt Jerry's pricing structure, whenever he does a similar thing (although I wouldn't suggest you give the money to charity). See here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13952

...and note the result!

Just trying to help

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Nathan.

PM'd
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm stu.

Thanks marco.
    Probably shows that classical is not my thing.

Was offered £200 for the lot but the chap has not got back.

If anyone wants them for that price send me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Stu,

May I offer a little constructive advice?

The reason that your records aren't shifting as quickly as you'd hoped is that, at £5 each, IMO, they're too expensive. TBH, I can pick up the same sort of stuff from charity shops, and it costs me no more than £3 an album, usually much less.

If you want your records to sell quicker, then may I suggest you adopt Jerry's pricing structure, whenever he does a similar thing (although I wouldn't suggest you give the money to charity). See here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13952

...and note the result!

Just trying to help

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast