+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Tom.

Default Hello

Hi, I'm Tom Norton, username nortot. I run a stripped down setup since I've gone to the digital side. I'm 57 so I remember tapedecks, 8 track, turntable, early tuners etc as prized possessions, thinking they were the biz. Digital came and I was not happy with the harsh, poppy sound, but as with any psychoacoustic process it started over the years to sound acceptable.
    My current modest set up is Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mark 2, I stream flacs mostly from a NAS to SB Touch, Temple Audio Bantam Gold, Tellerium Q speaker cable(now THERE'S an upgrade) Arcam 73 for cd's , . Listening tastes v eclectic,;Love Radio Paradise and all it does (through the SB) Robbie Robertson, Diana Krall, Murray Head, ZZ Top, Clapton, Robert Plant, Jack Johnson, no particular direction there just music that speaks to my sense of CLASS, even the first Darkness album, Eddie Van Halen .......on and on. Got rid of my Rack so now the only evidence of hifi is the speakers in the room, very wife friendly. I also enjoy lurking on AOS, the Wam etc, but jasus boys, there is NOTHING sexy about head of pin discussions,minutae etc. You enjoy, you don't enjoy..that's it!!!

I'm Rich.

Hello and welcome to AoS,

a nice introduction there, I'm also a big fan of RPs output and regularly make a donation to keep this great station going. I think if something has value it is worth paying for and the price of a couple of pnts everyso often seems worth it for being able to call up great music at any time of the day or night.

Theres some fans of tellurium cables on here and they have been suggested to me as upgrade a few times.

All the best.

Rich
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm fabulous.

Hello and welcome...

I've always been interested in the Bantam Gold as an amp.
    Always been put off by the single input though, as I really need two. How do you find it?

As already said - great introduction.
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm ILOB.

You could always use a splinter as a soloution
    By the way Tom welcome to AOS
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Tom.

Thank you Guy and Richie, nice words. Yes the Bantam Gold is a stonker for detail, presentation and soundstage, and since I wanted to keep that, I bought a switching unit (not at home, dont know the name but it's a yankee job) and honestly could not detect any difference on looped tracks so the same phrase played while i switched. You may glean from my intro that I'm prob a hi-fi nut with lo-fi affectations, ie I don't want to spend loads on kit, but stay loyal to what sounds good to my ears.
    My listening room is shared with a playstation , played by 2 arrested development boys, so REAL listening sessions are limited (I have 3 kids, one of each!).

I'm fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by nortot View Post
    (I have 3 kids, one of each!).
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

+ Reply to Thread