+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery power question

I'm Trev.

Default Battery power question

Hi folks,
    I have been looking at the m2tech power palmer, primarily because it'll run the young on battery power alone.
    But it's 500 quid
    And, I got to thinking, if I could get the Young to run on battery, could I not do the same for my Slee Novo?
    But I am at a complete loss what I need for the Novo; I think I can get a 15v external laptop battery to run the young
    Living in a motorhome has it's benefits but the nights are drawing in , it's starting to get cold. The idea of stepping into the van, switching on the heater and connecting the batteries I've charged up onto my various bits of kit and settling down for the night.... That sounds like a winter I could live with

I'm Martin.

Hi Trev,

Be careful when using this type of battery (usually lithium) out of a laptop, as over-discharging will almost certainly damage them. I think some old laptops had nicad or nimh cells, which can be drained flat with no problem.

Any lithium battery pack needs to be protected with a low voltage cutoff device and needs a special type of charger.

Hope this helps,
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

Quote Originally Posted by Cans View Post
    Hi folks,
    I have been looking at the m2tech power palmer, primarily because it'll run the young on battery power alone.
    But it's 500 quid

+ Reply to Thread