+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Richard.

Default Hello

Hi Everyone
    I did register here previously some time ago but the forum crashed a few days after and the backup predated my registration and all my posts were lost.
    So i've been a lurker ever since mainly keeping an eye on things in the DIY section.

My current system comprises:

Salvation TT/ Terminator arm/ Pickering XLZ 7500 Cart

Laptop/ musical fidelity V-link asynchronous USB to SPDIF converter/ AK2496 DAC with Dario's DIY audio mods

Tweaked Audio note kits based phono and line stage with cinemag step ups

Audio note kits based 300B monoblocks with semi regulated power supplies and currently trying out different input stage valves and configurations

DIY transistor power amp based on Naim circuit - still a work in progress

DIY open baffle speakers using vintage SABA drivers - still very much a work in progress

Music tastes change according to my mood, system, company, etc

Current favorites include Stevie Ray Vaughn, Louis Armstrong, Nirvana, Eric Clapton, Leftfield, Gomez, Queen, Black Sabbath, Santana, Green on Red, Orchestral maneuvers in the dark, Massive attack, Elvis Costello, The Messiah(Handel), The Pixies. Not sure if there's a pattern in there ?

Hope the forum doesn't crash again cos it'll probably take me another few years before i can face typing that lot again !

Anyway, love to everybody

Richard

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Hi Richard and welcome to AoS - much better than staying in lurkdom

Nice selection of music, I'm a big fan of SRV too, but I like most things. Lots of OB fans here too, so if you need help ask away, I'm sure you will get some.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Richard, hope you got all the kit home in one piece!

I'm ILOB.

Hi Richard
    Lovelly system you have would love to see the pictures
    The open baffles sound interesting, what are you doing for bass and how you worked around the treble issues on the SABA drivers with rock based music, the ones I heard were fantastic with acoustic but a bit to harsh for rock
    I think I remember your first post a few years ago
    John
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Richard.

Thanks for the welcome
    Yes thanks Ali got home fine but still not set back up yet
    John - the speakers certainly have their faults but i prefer them to the audio note kit Es i built before. I am hoping to make further improvements.
    Often it seems i get as far as building prototypes and loose interest when i start to enjoy listening to things. Aesthetics fall by the wayside
    Here are some photos from the weekend:
    see the post at 6:28pm

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/v...=asc&start=135

+ Reply to Thread