+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartridges, how many do you have ?

I'm Jim.

I currently have 5
    Dynavector 20x2m (VPI) in Magnapan Unitrac 1 (TD125)
    Sumiko Blackbird in Pro-Ject 9CC (TD160)
    Denon DL103r in Jelco 750D (TD150)
    Sonus Blue Gold in Mayware Formula 4 MkII (Kenwood KD500)
    AudioTechnica AT14Sa waiting for the TD126MkII to be completed.:^)

Regards,
    Jim
    Music is what it's all about, but I sure like the way my gear makes it come to life! My gear >
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/album.php?albumid=123

I'm Karl.

That was before I had the AT-440MLa, the AT-OC9ML/II, the Denon DL-110 and the Denon 103R...
    Last edited by OneyedK; 20-11-2012 at 11:50.
    Technics SL-1200 Mk2 recapped / MN bearing / Funk Firm Platter / Denon 103R / Lundahl LL1933
    Thorens TD 126 MkIII / SME Series III / Ortofon SME 30H // AT-OC9ML/II / Lundahl LL1681
    Thorens TD 160 / TP16 / Stanton 681SE

I'm Dave.

One for Marco.

I'm Dave.

http://

Anyone for a Decca.?

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hi Andre, the ADC 26 works fine in the 774 with minimal damping used. I also have a couple of ADC 27 styli which I believe are slightly less compliant, and I can pop one of these on if there are issues, I haven't had to though.

Are you sure the Mayware is lower mass? The sliding tracking force weight varies the effective mass.

Geoff.
    Hi Geoff

I slide the mass ring right the way back, fitted a tight 'O' ring in front so it doesnt move, i only keep the ring on so i don't loose it.. Yes the Mayware is a lower mass.

I personally think the Mayware is the best arm ive ever owned,I had three, sold two recently.. some people hate uni-pivots, i love em...The Mass ring is a great addition, i had a mate who has a Denon 'DL103R' singing in one..

Back to the ADC's tho. i have yet to try the 10E Mk.IV as i bought it with a broken Styli..Your right about the '27' compliance being lower btw

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post

One for Marco.
    Interesting... What headshell is that, Dave (and designed for which arm)?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Looks like it's for a Dual pick-Up arm.

I'm mark.

Default shouldn't have counted

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Hi Geoff

I slide the mass ring right the way back, fitted a tight 'O' ring in front so it doesnt move, i only keep the ring on so i don't loose it.. Yes the Mayware is a lower mass.

I personally think the Mayware is the best arm ive ever owned,I had three, sold two recently.. some people hate uni-pivots, i love em...The Mass ring is a great addition, i had a mate who has a Denon 'DL103R' singing in one..

Back to the ADC's tho. i have yet to try the 10E Mk.IV as i bought it with a broken Styli..Your right about the '27' compliance being lower btw
    Andre,

try 'Carole's Needles' in the US for 10E Mk.IV styli. She's a nice lady and very helpful. I bought genuine ADC replacements from her at sensible prices a year or two back.

The 10E Mk.IV sounds lovely, but my 10E Mk.II just betters it I'd say.

Geoff.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    http://

Anyone for a Decca.?
    Stop it - stop it!
    Having two Garrott-modified Deccas is being just plain greedy! Are they fitted with the Weintz parabolic stylus?

What is the Decca in the centre? It looks like an early sample of a Mk. V, yet it has four contacts to mate with the Decca ffss arm.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast