+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few hi-fi pics..

I'm Andrew.

Jason,

I had another look at your pics and realised you have a Gyrodec which is one of my favourites. What speaker cables are you running, they are might thick. I also notice you have Trichord phonostage, I used to have one of those, they are also a great piece of kit.

A
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by stupinder View Post
    That all looks very nice indeed.
    Thanks Stu

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Jason,

I had another look at your pics and realised you have a Gyrodec which is one of my favourites. What speaker cables are you running, they are might thick. I also notice you have Trichord phonostage, I used to have one of those, they are also a great piece of kit.

A
    Hi Andrew, I really can't remember what make the cables were but I'll find out for you mate. They were very thick and heavy cables and did look the dogs, The Trichord was my first decent phono stage I have a couple of musical fidelity ones before this which weren't bad, then I got the EAR834p which was unreal

I'm Jason.

Hi Andrew, they were W&M audio speaker cables. They are quite reasonable in price too for what you get, they look as if they cost £1000000s but they are pennies to buy. Some people don't rate them saying there cheap rubbish but they are very good quality build wise, sound wise when I compared them to audioquest and wireworld they were just as good. I don't know how the company can sell such a good quality cable so cheap and make money, even the boxes they came in looked like they cost abit alone. Anyone else had a set??

I'm Jason.

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Its a goldring elite low output MC
    ah, very nice. not used an elite, what do you think? i've had an elektro II LZ on loan recently which i liked, but am using a Denon 103 for now. (i have an Audio Technica ART1 that needs retipping )

I'm Andrew.

jason,

thanks for your posts. will have a look later.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by belloire View Post
    ah, very nice. not used an elite, what do you think? i've had an elektro II LZ on loan recently which i liked, but am using a Denon 103 for now. (i have an Audio Technica ART1 that needs retipping )
    Hi Darren, I thought the elite was a great cartridge but you need a good phonostage I used the EAR834P and I loved it I think its well worth the money

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    jason,

thanks for your posts. will have a look later.
    Thats no problem Andrew

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12