+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just bought 1st "new" T/T

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    I wont be going for either of the Denons as I want a MM to suit my pure sound p10 phono stage. I may push the boat out and get an Otofon 2m Black. Any others to consider ?
    I've not long acquired a 2M Black and I have to say it gets my vote! There's a lot of hype about but it really does deliver
    'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously don't fully understand the situation!'

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty bearing View Post
    I've not long acquired a 2M Black and I have to say it gets my vote! There's a lot of hype about but it really does deliver
    Right thats it! 2M Black it is, pics will be posted on Boxing Day

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    I've had a 2nd hand Rega P2 and currently have a Thorens TD160 which I'm always messing about with. I talked the wife into letting me have a new one for Xmas which she sort of agreed
    The Rega RP6 was what I wanted but when it came to it £1000 for a T/T which sonically is the biz, I couldn't pull the trigger because of the looks. Don't get me wrong I really like how it looks but £1000?
    So when I saw a dealership selling end of line Rega P3-24 Colour with the latest TTPSU, for £350 I jumped in.
    So I've got the look , cheap and I will continue messing about with the Thorens .
    Oh can't have the P3 till Xmas morning :(
    One more sleep

I'm Barry.

I didn't get much further

Chip in plinth

I felt it before I saw it, surely Quality Control at Rega should have picked this up.

My wife has had this tucked away for 7 weeks, she is more disappointed than me.

I'm Paul.

That's bad and very disappointing. Only problem is this was an end of line discounted? However unless sold as seconds you are entitled to exchange it though problem may be getting another. Frankly at £350 it's cheap even if not perfect and that chip could be repaired so that it hardly noticed.

If you realy want Rega and top sound I would go for the new RP8 at £1500 if reports are correct, otherwise look elsewhere. For £350 you are getting the deck nearly free taking into account cost of arm and power supply!
    Last edited by Audioman; 26-12-2012 at 18:44.

I'm Barry.

Yes Paul it was a good deal and no doubt there are none left , I'll see what the dealer can do for me, really undecided at the moment.
    I did go ahead and get an Ortofon 2M Black.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    That's bad and very disappointing. Only problem is this was an end of line discounted? However unless sold as seconds you are entitled to exchange it though problem may be getting another. Frankly at £350 it's cheap even if not perfect and that chip could be repaired so that it hardly noticed.

If you realy want Rega and top sound I would go for the new P7 at £1500 if reports are correct, otherwise look elsewhere. For £350 you are getting the deck nearly free taking into account cost of arm and power supply!
    Even "end of line discounted" should be perfect unless specified. Another thing, Rega dealers should inspect and set up a Rega turntable from the RP1 upwards, so this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

There is no "new P7".. There is an RP6 and now an RP8 but no P7.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Even "end of line discounted" should be perfect unless specified. Another thing, Rega dealers should inspect and set up a Rega turntable from the RP1 upwards, so this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

When I ordered it over the phone I explained it wouldn't be open till Xmas, he asked if I wanted him to check it as it was still in the delivery box from Rega.
    No says I ,what could be wrong with it

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Meant p7 replacement = RP8, now corrected.

I'm Barry.

Might as well continue this thread and ask for recommendations for the p3 replacement.
    I have an Ortofon 2m Black and a Puresound P10 phono amp.
    I want to buy new , I could stretch to a Rega rp6.
    thought ideas, very much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast