+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MCR us ultimate mains cable

I'm colin.

Default MCR us ultimate mains cable

Well i was going to make myself a mains cable but i chickened out and bought one of Mains cables r us instead. Thought i would get a good cable at a reasonable price compared with the usual suspects and at the end of the day get more for my money.
    Im a sucker for the odd bit of foo but its a long time since i bought something thats made a real difference. I have had no luck with expensive supports, record weights or turntable mats so i might be an easy sale but i dont fall for the emperors new clothes. If it works i do hear the difference even though my ears are not so good anymore.
    I have had success with a merlin mains block before so i did have high expectations. Well im pleased to say it was a worth while purchase.
    The cable is a work of art let me tell you. Not that i will see it but i did spend some time goggling it. The IeGO iec is something to behold and looks miles better and fits better than anything i have used before.
    It sounds as if the noise floor has dropped and you can easily sense those inky black backgrounds especially on well recorded stuff like the Bobo Stenson piano i just played. It reminds me of the satisfaction you get upgrading a amplifier. More control and clarity. Couldnt be more pleased.
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

MartinT Guest

Matches my findings, Colin. It is a good looking cable and, not that it should indicate performance, somehow the construction and connectors used inspire confidence. I agree about the IeGO IEC, it connects with a sense of never letting go ever again.

The proof is in the sound, and the Ultimate gets the absolute best from your component. I personally think the No. 9 (and new No. 92) get very close indeed. David at MCRU gives great service.

I'm colin.

Yes, the service was very good. Practically arrived next day.
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm Mike.

If you like it now wait until you have had it for a couple of weeks !
    Have it on kit that is permanently on, moving it if necessary to where you use it
    After discovering mains and mains cables I went chasing mains upgrades almost to the exclusion of all else, catching up later and still
    Then David let me try out The Ultimate. Top of the tree for sure
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    If you like it now wait until you have had it for a couple of weeks !
    Have it on kit that is permanently on, moving it if necessary to where you use it
    After discovering mains and mains cables I went chasing mains upgrades almost to the exclusion of all else, catching up later and still
    Then David let me try out The Ultimate. Top of the tree for sure

+ Reply to Thread