+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 540 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i met a german who said the west fabricated the death camps too.....
    Hard to accept the reality of that though, even though there is no doubt it happened.

In any war all the sides think they are the ones wearing the white hats. There wouldn't be any wars if that was not the case.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I blame Franz Ferdinand. If he hadn't got himself bumped off, we might have avoided WW1. The after effects of which (oppression of the German people) led directly to the rise of the Nazis and consequently WW2!
    What a band though.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    What a band though.
    Yes - awful aren't they?
    Barry

I'm brian.

Don't know anything about em tbh but just needed to shoe horn the joke in. Was it worth it ? NO

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hard to accept the reality of that though, even though there is no doubt it happened.

In any war all the sides think they are the ones wearing the white hats. There wouldn't be any wars if that was not the case.
    Safe to say our hats were whiter than the others. You couldnt beat the like of the Nazis without lowering ones standards a bit alas. It was a fight for the survival of the "free" world
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Safe to say our hats were whiter than the others. You couldnt beat the like of the Nazis without lowering ones standards a bit alas. It was a fight for the survival of the "free" world
    I agree. The problem is when you use being right to justify pretty much anything. Like with the strategic bombing campaign. They start out attacking military and industrial targets, realise they are not accurate enough to get a bomb within a mile of them, and so decide to swap to deliberately bombing civilian targets (cities) because they are so big you can't miss. Didn't shorten the war any but did kill a whole bunch of innocent people. Some were Nazis, some voted for Hitler, the vast majority didn't. Losses in planes and aircrews were immense.

I'm not one for judging in hindsight, and the idea that Bomber Harris and the rest were war criminals for doing it is idiotic. But it is an example of how thinking you are on the side of 'right' can lead to you doing things that are fundamentally wrong.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm John.

i knew a few folk who were prisoners of the japs and they were not nice folk. also one of them said he had seen what they did to the chinese.
    i met a german who said the west fabricated the death camps too.....
    My mate's dad was held as a Japanese POW in WWII and he firmly believed for the rest of his life that they were a thoroughly evil race. He hated them with an absolute passion and couldn't ever bring himself to talk about what he witnessed there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

When I was a youth there were plenty of old boys who would not buy a German or Japanese car, would not have had one if it was free. I can understand that even though it isn't really rational. They's earned the right to be irrational.

On the whole though the plan was to draw a line under it all after the war in order not to repeat the mistake of the 1st war and break the losers' balls until they start another one. That was sensible and it pretty much worked.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

My dad wouldnt buy a german car either. was offered a erc for the company car and refused it... said they killed a lot of his mates and nearly destroyed the world. TBH I dont blame him. took 6 years out of his life and shortened his by a fair bit.

that was then tho... times change
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Martin, I'm in awe of your encyclopaedic knowledge of history!

Perhaps you could provide a weekly lecture on AoS, I'm sure you would have a good following. You could call it Hi Fistory, although as the word may attract the wrong sort of interest, feel free to call it something else.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread