+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 540 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I hate when people write “would/could of” instead of “... have” and mix up “there”, “they’re” and “their”.

Also: one guy in our office never breaks his emails into paragraphs and doesn’t use any punctuation marks. I simply ignore his missives because they’re usually quite long and a huge pain in the bottom to read.

(My English is far from perfect, but I have an excuse: it’s my third language.)
    It is actually pretty perfect.

And Pygmy Pony, no mentioning the 'C' word prior to December 1st. Site rule. Probably.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

I live in the states and you are right! My own friends on Facebook have horrible writing skills. I may not be perfect, but I’ve known high school graduates that were nearly illiterate. It’s been around a while, but it got far worse when they introduced the, “No Child Left Behind”. Agenda. The problem was they had kids 23 years old in junior high, so the had to lower the standards to move them along. And no matter how poor your grades are, you pass! It might hurt their self esteem if you hold them back. And personally I think rap music has really damaged the vocabulary of today’s youth. There are people in my home town that I can’t understand a word they are saying! So let’s give them all a trophy and a pat on the back for a good try!

Russell

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It is actually pretty perfect.
    Thanks, I’m really trying to do my best.

Russell, I spent a year in the US (not far from you: in Maryland) and I had a very hard time understanding people. Here in Dublin, things are much better, but some people still sound indecipherable to me... especially if they are from Cork

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    . The problem was they had kids 23 years old in junior high,y!

Russell
    Did/does that actually happen? I've seen it referenced in US comedy many times, but I didn't think it actually happened.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    Here in Dublin, things are much better, but some people still sound indecipherable to me... especially if they are from Cork
    Try Sunderland or Glasgow. You might struggle there.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Try Sunderland or Glasgow. You might struggle there.
    Depends if you're an oik, or from the posh parts, where they don't eat deep-fried Mars bars!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Never been to either place, but I've had good mates from both and they could be pretty hard to understand with a few beers down their necks.

I'm Martin.

Go up north a bit from where you are to Belfast; if you really want to challenge yourself.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Go up north a bit from where you are to Belfast; if you really want to challenge yourself.
    Got mates from there too. I can understand them.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Never been to either place, but I've had good mates from both and they could be pretty hard to understand with a few beers down their necks.
    Oh I know, if we wanted, I think that myself and any of the lads here in the "Glasgow mafia' (plus Granty) could have a convo between ourselves without you having a scooby-doo what we were saying!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread