+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 540 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Paul.

Not being able to purchase more than 2 boxes of painkillers at a time...

I was in Tesco and tried to buy 4 boxes of 24 paracetamol and was told it’s not possible, but I could purchase 2 boxes of 48 instead.
    ~Paul~

I'm Grant.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

Was brought in to discourage spontaneous suicides.

It wasnt very well thought out tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

All those pukingly "beautiful" images on my desk top log in screen. I click no I don't like it and lo and behold a week later it's back.

If I tell MSN that I actually like an image they promptly remove it... for ever..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Not being able to purchase more than 2 boxes of painkillers at a time...

I was in Tesco and tried to buy 4 boxes of 24 paracetamol and was told it’s not possible, but I could purchase 2 boxes of 48 instead.
    a chap was having a similar argument a few weeks back in sainsburys, they wouldnt let him have two boxes but he could buy one and then go back around the supermarket and buy more
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Alan.

Default French energy

OK, as many of you may know we lived in France for a while and have now been back in the UK for just over a year now.

When we left France we closed all accounts and settled all final bills in good faith.

So it came as a bit of a shock to receive a 'Facture rectificative', i.e. a rectification bill from one of the suppliers. The extra amount is for :

'Regularisation tarifaire Tarif Bleu - du 01/08/14 au 31/10/14', plus tarifaire Base - du 01/08/14, and
    'Regularisation tarifaire Tarif Bleu - du 01/11/14 au 31/07/15', plus tarifaire Base - du 01/11/14.

Yes your eyes don't deceive you, the dates are from 2014 to 2015

My instant response was to send them a very snotty email expressing my disgust at the situation. I did however get a response which reads :

'On 15th June 2016, the Conseil d'État (the Council of State, that acts as the supreme court for administrative justice) decided that the evolution of regulated electricity prices was not adequate and cancelled the price scales for the following periods: from 1st August 2014 to 31st October 2014 and from 1st November 2014 to 31st July 2015.

Therefore, on 2nd October 2016, a new official decree stated that these prices should be retrospectively increased for all domestic customers. This means that we have to bill you both standing charge and consumption.
    '

What the **** it has to do with 'administrative justice' I haven't a clue, I think it's just robdog practices. So like it or lump it the same has happened to 25 Million other customers, who presumably are as p***ed off with it as I am.

The amount was under 18 Euros and I have now paid it but FFS.

I'm Steve.

How is it that the family all think I am a difficult person to buy a present for @ Xmas so that all I ever get is socks and all that shite..

and I can go to a shop / website and fill a couple of sacks in no time at all......
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    OK, as many of you may know we lived in France for a while and have now been back in the UK for just over a year now.

When we left France we closed all accounts and settled all final bills in good faith.

So it came as a bit of a shock to receive a 'Facture rectificative', i.e. a rectification bill from one of the suppliers. The extra amount is for :

'Regularisation tarifaire Tarif Bleu - du 01/08/14 au 31/10/14', plus tarifaire Base - du 01/08/14, and
    'Regularisation tarifaire Tarif Bleu - du 01/11/14 au 31/07/15', plus tarifaire Base - du 01/11/14.

Yes your eyes don't deceive you, the dates are from 2014 to 2015

My instant response was to send them a very snotty email expressing my disgust at the situation. I did however get a response which reads :

'On 15th June 2016, the Conseil d'État (the Council of State, that acts as the supreme court for administrative justice) decided that the evolution of regulated electricity prices was not adequate and cancelled the price scales for the following periods: from 1st August 2014 to 31st October 2014 and from 1st November 2014 to 31st July 2015.

Therefore, on 2nd October 2016, a new official decree stated that these prices should be retrospectively increased for all domestic customers. This means that we have to bill you both standing charge and consumption.
    '

What the **** it has to do with 'administrative justice' I haven't a clue, I think it's just robdog practices. So like it or lump it the same has happened to 25 Million other customers, who presumably are as p***ed off with it as I am.

The amount was under 18 Euros and I have now paid it but FFS.

I'd have stuck them for it, frankly. What are they going to do from all the way over there in France? They can't cut you off and it's not worth taking you to Court in this country for 18 dollar let alone from overseas. Tell them to take it out of the Brexit settlement if they are so desperate for it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    How is it that the family all think I am a difficult person to buy a present for @ Xmas so that all I ever get is socks and all that shite..

and I can go to a shop / website and fill a couple of sacks in no time at all......
    Despite having been into this malarkey since I was 11 years old, I have never ever had anyone buy me anything hifi related, nor even asked if there was anything in particular I would like.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd have stuck them for it, frankly. What are they going to do from all the way over there in France? They can't cut you off and it's not worth taking you to Court in this country for 18 dollar let alone from overseas. Tell them to take it out of the Brexit settlement if they are so desperate for it.
    How much of the UK electricity is supplied by French owned companies?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Woke up today feeling positive, found a leak under sink, bugger,a cheap but annoying fix,took dog out,slipped on ice cut my leg,FFS
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread