Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Soft respond?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm jamie.

people who send a pm and have to then post on the thread 'pm sent' .
    ffs cant they see the bloody great box come up saying 'you have received a private message'?

iam guilty of this myself too.lol
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    ffs cant they see the bloody great box come up saying 'you have received a private message'?

PM not sent!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

and not replied!!!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post

I hate it when people don't post 'pm sent'. The amount of times i view a for sale thread, i send 'pm' ( with a' pm sent'), only to have a reply saying 'have had 5 pm's already, if all fall through you will be next, etc. You think you may be in with a chance as looks like no one interested in the item, due to no one posting 'pm sent'.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    I hate it when people don't post 'pm sent'. The amount of times i view a for sale thread, i send 'pm' ( with a' pm sent'), only to have a reply saying 'have had 5 pm's already, if all fall through you will be next, etc. You think you may be in with a chance as looks like no one interested in the item, due to no one posting 'pm sent'.
    All the more frustrating when a seller places the advert on more than one forum. I recently responded within 10 minutes of a seller posting here, only to have a near instant PM reply saying that the item had been (provisionally) sold, but if the sale fell through I was third in the queue!
    Barry

Yup, but I guess you can't blame folk for maximising the exposure their for sale item(s) get to potential customers

What annoys me more is the lazy-arses who don't take enough time to compose proper adverts, which both describe the item(s) for sale in sufficient detail (often there's no more than a couple of barely coherent sentences, typed in lower-case, because the arse-wipes responsible can't be bothered using a Shift key), and feature pictures that show off what's being advertised to its full potential.

Often one is faced with tiny pictures (so small you can barely see what it is they're supposed to represent), upside-down pictures, out of focus ones, ones that looks as if they've been taken inside a cave, they're so dark - I could go on!

Yet despite all that being obvious to the seller, at the point of seeing how the pics have turned out, they're still used for placing ads.... 'Fuck it, they'll do'.... It's the appliance of such minimal effort that boils my piss. And often this is when advertising the likes of £10k speakers!!

Just who do they expect is going to part with that kind of money, when faced with such a lazy/unprofessional advert....??

You can tell that the whole thing has been rushed, with an attitude of 'I just want paid, and can't be arsed doing much to earn it', with ads most likely being posted on a phone, on the bus into work, whilst eating a bag of crisps and having a fart....

OR..... Ads where you have to search through REAMS of yawn-inducing SHITE [the seller's 'life story'], to find the price being asked, often buried right in the middle of it all, as an 'afterthought'!!

What DA FUCK is that muppetry all about??

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Those are the kind of ads placed by people who don't have much of a clue about anything else either.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Indeed, and also most likely the ones you'll get little joy from, should there be a problem, simply as a result of their obvious 'I don't give a damn' attitude. That's why I'd never buy from them.

Ads, placed in the classifieds section need to be:

1) Short and to the point, but also...

2) Well-written (spelled correctly) and feature more than one proper-sized, well-lit and in focus picture, posted the right way up, of whatever it is that's being advertised.

3) Published in such a way that the advertised price is OBVIOUS at first glance, without potential buyers having to search for it.

However, all of that should be basic common sense!

The other thing that *really* marinates my wank-oil, is folk who advertise stuff for sale (especially on ebay), then go on holiday/abroad on work, or whatever, and fail to mention that they won't be around until a certain date to answer any queries, or worse, SHIP THE GOODS YOU"VE JUST PAID THEM FOR!!

The sheer disorganised and haphazard way some folk live their lives these days, often beggars belief....

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread