+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 540 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Mark.

Soldering DIN plugs, especially if they have already been used!

I'm Grant.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

Soldering.....lol. Cant see well enough now, and my iron is like the rest of me....knackered
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Soldering.....lol. Cant see well enough now, and my iron is like the rest of me....knackered
    My eyesight is knackered too. But I still solder stuff. Have to dig out the strong specs though!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Soldering DIN plugs, especially if they have already been used!
    Agreed - they are tricky to solder at the best of times, but when the solder buckets are full, a solder sucker doesn't necessarily clear them. A fine-tipped but powerful soldering iron has to be used; otherwise it can take too long to make the joint, by which time the insulation on the wire will have disfigured.

Unfortunately my system uses them (along with just about every other audio connector around: RCA phonos (ugh!); XLRs; 1/4" jack plugs; Tuchel, and CAMAC connectors). If I'm feeling lazy I'll buy ready-made DIN leads from Flashback Sales, who do a neat and professional job for a very reasonable price.
    Barry

I'm Taz.

Shops getting ready for Christmas 6 months early http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/31/selfri...early-6818273/

I'm Martin.

Shops in general.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mark.

I'm generally speaking a Dylan fan, I probably have more of his music than of any other artist, ditto The Band - what annoys me is when I see a perfectly lousy performance by the above mentioned on YouTube, with Bob singing out of tune and Robbie clearly struggling to find a solo, there are about 600 comments saying it is the greatest version of the song they have ever heard. FFS indeed!

I'm Geoff.

People who think 'they know best'. It really annoys those of us that do.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rich.

Mains plugs that have the cable coming out at the top not the bottom, all the others sit nicely in uniform facing the same direction, and one bloody plug has to fountain it's cable upwards in an arc of defiance.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    Mains plugs that have the cable coming out at the top not the bottom, all the others sit nicely in uniform facing the same direction, and one bloody plug has to fountain it's cable upwards in an arc of defiance.
    The only plugs like that I have seen have been wall-warts. Can't imagine any mains plug that has the cable emerging from the top, would satisfy BS1363.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread