+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 540 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    My pet hate at the moment is people blocking train seats with bags / luggage and nonchalantly leaving them on when it gets crowded with people standing up...
    I do that to discourage people from sitting next to me as opposed to sitting next to someone else. if I don't have a bag I'll sit across both seats. But if there are no other seats available I don't do it.

I remember the days when drunken Scotsmen, often with some dried blood on their clothes and skin, and always carrying cans of McEwan's, would get on board and make a beeline for me regardless of all the other empty seats. Not seen one in decades now but old habits die hard.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Not used public transport for thirty years. But no matter where I am, if something is in my way, I move it. Bags, supermarket trolleys, etc. Even if there's somebody hanging onto it! I have a right to be unimpeded!! I've even towed cars away from near my house.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not used public transport for thirty years. But no matter where I am, if something is in my way, I move it. Bags, supermarket trolleys, etc. Even if there's somebody hanging onto it! I have a right to be unimpeded!! I've even towed cars away from near my house.
    Can you do that if it's not blocking your access?
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Can you do that if it's not blocking your access?
    Yes. I live on private property. The Highways Act and Road Traffic Act don't apply. Anybody blocking my way is trespassing!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

"has that bag bought a ticket".....No...then it can f*ck off.

I used to have to travel to London on occasion and suffer the "privileged commuter" syndrome, where if you don't travel everyday you don't deserve a seat, or even half a seat. I got on at Waterloo and there was a window seat with a man in the aisle seat. I stood next to him and motioned that I was going to have that seat. He reluctantly got up and I got in. As soon as I sat down he dropped into the seat and spread his legs so that one was right against mine. It had not been a good day and the rage was instant. I pushed him out of his seat on to his arse in the aisle trod over him and shouted "piss off" at him and went to find something else. He never said a word.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Martin.

I find that dressing like a chav helps keep people away, although as I get older that is becoming less successful. Might resort to using a can of Special Brew as an additional prop.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

I must have a look that bothers people. I caught a truck driver manouvering far too close to my car the other day. He'd climbed out of the cab to see how close he was getting and I marched over to him and said "Get the fuck away from the car!". He practically jumped in the air and ran to get back in his lorry and get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I find that dressing like a chav helps keep people away, although as I get older that is becoming less successful. Might resort to using a can of Special Brew as an additional prop.
    Not washing your socks, or yourself, can work wonders in that regard.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Not washing your socks, or yourself, can work wonders in that regard.
    Even I'm not that bad.
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Even I'm not that bad.
    I only mention it as I once boarded a train where the carriage was about 2/3 full. Shortly after I boarded, a group of four lads got on, sat down, and one removed his trainers. Immediately several of the other passengers got up and moved to another carriage; the smell was that bad. His friends were obviously embarrased, teased him to put his trainers back on. He did and they then got up and moved to a different carriage!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread