+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 540 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Yes you can tell them to sod off, already did it twice. Had an engineer round to fit one, my house is 1970s so there is a brick enclosure around the area where the gas metre is, with a hinged wooden top on it. I show him this and he says 'No access mate, you will have to take all that brickwork out before I can fit it.'

so I said fine, don't fit it, watch me stay awake at night fretting about it.

They then call me six months later saying they are coming to fit it. Told them they already tried that and there is no 'access'.

'You have to have one by 2020 you know?'

Yeah. Good luck with that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Oh I forgot. The other option is to have one put outside instead but I have to pay a grand myself. What planet are these people from?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Oh I forgot. The other option is to have one put outside instead but I have to pay a grand myself. What planet are these people from?
    Bunch o tossers, only just swapped to them 3 month since, I'll be fookin changing again once this bill is paid, can't do with fibbers
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Bunch o tossers, only just swapped to them 3 month since, I'll be fookin changing again once this bill is paid, can't do with fibbers
    This shite about installing smart meters is a con payed for by a levy on everybodies power bills.

Some of these installed smart meters do not work with other suppliers so they feck up your chances of a switch.

tread carefully and google properly. The power companies are not installing these out of the kindness of their hearts for your benefit!!......
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Martin.

I'm with Npower so I suspect they are all the same.

Part of a wider scheme to push green power. The long term plan was to have no conventional power and rely on wind and a little solar, backed up with fields full of diesel generators. The smart meters will allow them to cut your power selectively when demand is too high.

Probably.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

If the law said I had to have one I still no wouldn't want it cos I don t see the point, I'm not going to switch of the telly or lower the heating if it's looking pricey, but the fact the woman said it was the law come 2020 when it ain't, ooh ,!!!!
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 14-06-2017 at 19:53.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

If the law said I had to have one I still no wouldn't want it cos I do t see the point, I'm not going to switch of the telly or lower the heating if it's looking pricey, but the fact the woman said it was the law come 2020 when it ain't, ooh ,!!!!
    I know. They are looking to do you around every corner. Must think we are soft touches or something. My rule is: If someone tells you it is raining, always go straight to the window and check.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Not using a comparison site when I move either, they're up to no good too

I'm sorted.

'Eat well for less' on BBC1. Are the general public really so thick they need 4 series of this claptrap to tell them that takeaways and branded food are more expensive than freshly prepared food and supermarket own brands?

And do we really need that smug self satisfied know nothing ex-greengrocer *expletive* Greg Wallace to tell us?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    'Eat well for less' on BBC1. Are the general public really so thick they need 4 series of this claptrap to tell them that takeaways and branded food are more expensive than freshly prepared food and supermarket own brands?

And do we really need that smug self satisfied no nothing ex-greengrocer *expletive* Greg Wallace to tell us?
    Haha yeah just been watching that, do like me Heinz beans but I'm happy to try cheaper stuff , cheaper certainly isn't always better or even as good and of course there's always the farmer/ producer to think of, I mean 2 litres of milk for a quid? That's great for me but surely can't go on for the farmer?

+ Reply to Thread