+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 540 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    “Everybody is going to family restaurants these days. Seems nobody wants to hang out in a dank pit no more.” – Moe
    “You ain’t thinking of getting rid of the dank, are you, Moe?” – Carl
    “Ah, maybe I am.” – Moe
    “Oh but, Moe, the dank! The dank!” – Carl

Soz, don't have a scooby-doo what the above refers to!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

It's a reference to a (very old) episode of 'The Simpsons'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Ah, that'll explain it, then!

I don't think I've watched more than about 30 seconds of that pish since its inception...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Slow drivers. I was stuck behind some old git (probably younger than me ) along country lanes at between 9 mph and 15 mph for miles this afternoon. Being careful or cautious is fine but this was bloody ridiculous!
    Yes. Slow drivers again. Yesterday, I was in a long single file contraflow section on the A30. The posted speed limit was a low 40mph, but some clown in a camper a few cars ahead of me felt it was OK to drift along at 25 to 30mph for mile after mile, regardless of the dozens of cars baulked by him and tailing back.

No sooner than I'd left the contraflow, I passed him and cruised at around 75mph. Next thing, his old heap came flying past me at around 90mph. So much for his observance of speed limits. What an arsehole!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Nightmare... I think some of these assholes actually *enjoy* being a nuisance! Thankfully, that kind of stuff doesn't happen too often here (as country lanes are largely deserted), but when it does, and I eventually pass them, I, shall we say, 'express my displeasure' in no uncertain terms....

The worst culprits here are at roundabouts on main roads, where their level of indecisiveness, before they eventually shift, sometimes has to be seen to be believed!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

People who confuse 'The Prisoner' with 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    People who confuse 'The Prisoner' with 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'.
    Who does that?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

People I know.
    Current Lash Up:

Haha... Are these folk allowed out on their own, unaccompanied?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm James.

British Gas,do you want a smart meter? Me, no, British gas,why not? Me, I just don't and I don't have to, British Gas, oh yes you have to by law come 2020,me,no I don't,i know for a fact ,ask citizens advice, British Gas,pause, is there anything else I can help you with? Me no...it even says on their website it isn't a legal obligation, FFS
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread