+ Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 221 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2207

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    “Everybody is going to family restaurants these days. Seems nobody wants to hang out in a dank pit no more.” – Moe
    “You ain’t thinking of getting rid of the dank, are you, Moe?” – Carl
    “Ah, maybe I am.” – Moe
    “Oh but, Moe, the dank! The dank!” – Carl

Soz, don't have a scooby-doo what the above refers to!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Martin.

It's a reference to a (very old) episode of 'The Simpsons'
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

Ah, that'll explain it, then!

I don't think I've watched more than about 30 seconds of that pish since its inception...

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Slow drivers. I was stuck behind some old git (probably younger than me ) along country lanes at between 9 mph and 15 mph for miles this afternoon. Being careful or cautious is fine but this was bloody ridiculous!
    Yes. Slow drivers again. Yesterday, I was in a long single file contraflow section on the A30. The posted speed limit was a low 40mph, but some clown in a camper a few cars ahead of me felt it was OK to drift along at 25 to 30mph for mile after mile, regardless of the dozens of cars baulked by him and tailing back.

No sooner than I'd left the contraflow, I passed him and cruised at around 75mph. Next thing, his old heap came flying past me at around 90mph. So much for his observance of speed limits. What an arsehole!!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

Nightmare... I think some of these assholes actually *enjoy* being a nuisance! Thankfully, that kind of stuff doesn't happen too often here (as country lanes are largely deserted), but when it does, and I eventually pass them, I, shall we say, 'express my displeasure' in no uncertain terms....

The worst culprits here are at roundabouts on main roads, where their level of indecisiveness, before they eventually shift, sometimes has to be seen to be believed!

Marco.

I'm Martin.

People who confuse 'The Prisoner' with 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    People who confuse 'The Prisoner' with 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'.
    Who does that?
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Martin.

People I know.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Haha... Are these folk allowed out on their own, unaccompanied?

Marco.

I'm James.

British Gas,do you want a smart meter? Me, no, British gas,why not? Me, I just don't and I don't have to, British Gas, oh yes you have to by law come 2020,me,no I don't,i know for a fact ,ask citizens advice, British Gas,pause, is there anything else I can help you with? Me no...it even says on their website it isn't a legal obligation, FFS
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, wharfedale diamond 10.1[suprisingly good]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

+ Reply to Thread