Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Bum bum!
    Im here all week.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mark.

Default Modern(ised ) Pubs

Modern(ised) Pubs - Had the misfortune to visit one a week or so ago. Outside painted in some drab, flat, military surplus paint of a horrible grey or swampy green/brown hue. Most disgusting! Almost blown back out by a wall of (pre-programmed) sound blasting out at number 11. People sitting at the same table shouting and gesticulating madly at each other over the noise. Sadly it was a ghastly-pub so had to share the table with someone's left over pie and chips congealed on the plate which no-one had bothered to clear up. Clear glass windows floor to ceiling so everyone passing has a good gawp at what you're doing and who you're with. Now contrast this with the pubs of yore - frosted Windows start 4 feet off the ground and only the top inch and a half is clear, maybe a juke box where you can make your own music selection at a reasonable volume, no food mess except perhaps on a weekend when the landlord puts on a few cheese and onion rolls as a special treat for the regulars. OK, you might get the odd dart in your pint but that's a small price to pay for visiting a place of such intrigue and mystery, where plans can be hatched, secret liaisons and rendezvous made, cocktails and other such nonsense are unknown and a relaxing time can be had in the company of friends.

I'm Martin.

Agree that have killed the whole game except for a few places that are more like restaurants than pubs and have food at restaurant prices.

I used to be fascinated by pubs as a child; as you say the frosted windows made it impossible to see in, plus there would be a small vestibule so you couldn't look in through the door when someone came out either. The smell of tobacco smoke and stale beer, old boys in 3 piece suits and flat caps going in and out.

Places of wonder and mystery.

Now they are like greenhouses, smell of disinfectant and have awful people's awful children running around shouting.

Underground drinking dens are where it is at now. They don't need the brewery, just bottles and cans from the cash n carry. No kids and no stupid smoking ban either
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

No interest in boozers now. Dont drink much andwhen i do I prefer my own company to the loonies in a pub. as said they used to be decent dank dumps but losing the dank finished them off.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Aye the dank. Remember what happened to Moe when he got rid of the dank?

Everything is so sterile and soulless these days.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Aye the dank. Remember what happened to Moe when he got rid of the dank?

Everything is so sterile and soulless these days.
    “Everybody is going to family restaurants these days. Seems nobody wants to hang out in a dank pit no more.” – Moe
    “You ain’t thinking of getting rid of the dank, are you, Moe?” – Carl
    “Ah, maybe I am.” – Moe
    “Oh but, Moe, the dank! The dank!” – Carl
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Slow drivers. I was stuck behind some old git (probably younger than me ) along country lanes at between 9 mph and 15 mph for miles this afternoon. Being careful or cautious is fine but this was bloody ridiculous!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Those folk shouldnt have licences tbh.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

I pull over for people in the tractor ,or on the side . I have put myself out.
    They drive past as if you were not there , or you have witnesssed royalty or simply ,they have a look as if to say you should not even be on this
    road !! Not a flicker or a wave.

T*****s
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread