+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 540 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Mobile devices that announce themselves at the end of each message delivered. 'sent from my................' It's bollocks!!!
    That's usually just a default signature which can changed.

Note to self: must do something about this Tapatalk one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Tesco crusty bread! Why is it so horrible?

Hard, tasteless bagettes that are almost white, starchy inside and too dry outside. Bloomers that taste as though they were baked the previous day (and probably were). They simply have nothing acceptable.

I think an effort was made when they went from the overpriced franchised counter to an inhouse operation again, at which time the bread was actually quite nice..........for all of two weeks and then reverted to the usual horrible stuff.

Sainsbury and Waitrose offer decent enough bread, as do LIDL these days (theirs used to be dire). Yet Tesco just don't seem capable.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Agree Tesco in house is not great.. their Scottish morning rolls are good though you might not get good ones in Engerland.
    Morrisons bread is ok, but they have inhous bakers with bags of flour etc. Ive seen them. I make my own when in mood, and sometimes use bread machine if lazy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Sainsbury bread not up to much either. Although when we had a 'French Market' in town (the only thing that was French about it was that one of the traders had a Renault van) one enterprising bloke went into the Sainsburys, which was adjacent to the market, bought a few dozen of their baguettes (about 50p each) and then flogged them on his stall as genuine French bread for 2 quid a pop. So they can't be that bad.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

If you'd like to try a really hideous "French Stick" try the Co-Op.

Pale disgusting heavy solid lump things
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Martin.

Their ring doughnuts are good, though. For any type of cake product avoid Morrison, Aldi or Asda as they are all cack. People bring them in to work. Like eating Styrofoam covered in pretend chocolate. Tesco and Sainsbury much better.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

The American presenter Roma Downey of It's a Miracle on 'truTV' for having the phoniest Irish accent ever!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dennis.

People who do not talk precisely and clearly, most especially when they are 'media personalities'.

This has been bothering me increasingly for decades, and is now de rigour on R4 in which the 'intelligencia and literati' are discussing something, and we are to listen to be educated.

It occurred to me this evening that we, as audiophiles have all heard 'lifeless' systems, those in which dynamics clarity and detail are missing, and I think we all loathe and avoid that. It is because the whole communication has resultantly lost impact.

The parallel with much spoken word could not be clearer to me, the talkers lacking even correct pronunciation, often missing whole phonemes and using ridiculous intonations and inflexions; they are not trying to express themselves to maximise the message received by their audience.

I call it 'slalem speech' because it is parallel to he way in which some skiers do not go fully round the course, but cut off some of it by going over the posts.

The causes are I think; dumbing down of the population culturally, laziness, self ingratiation with their peers in an exclusive group which seems to be more important than any audience, and of course criticism of what they are saying is made much more difficult, which protects them and their position.

I'm Martin.

While we are on the subject of standards in broadcasting that scruffy bloke who presents Newsnight needs to have a shave before he comes in to work. And buy a couple of ties since he doesn't seem to own one. He's presenting the BBC's flagship news programme and it looks like he has slept in his clothes.

If anyone reading this works at the BBC please would you pass this on to him? Thanks.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dennis.

I wasted four years of my life with them, the only benefit really was hearing what at that time were world leading loudspeakers.

+ Reply to Thread