+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 540 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm sorted.

Cheaper to get the bus into Romford than drive in and park (it'll be free for me in a few years) & they run every 7 minutes almost from my front door. They're often quicker than driving as well thanks to bus lanes (& you can have a pint or three )

Hate the nights drawing in...

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Hate the nights drawing in...
    You and me both... I get quite depressed during winter and only get better about March time..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    My pet hate is liars....

I can't understand why people lie...

I think most liars are sad people that have done nothing with their lives so they just make it up instead to 'fit in'...
    That's a bit black and white. The Biblical sanction is against 'bearing false witness' (perjury) rather than simply telling an untruth. I can think of a few occasions in my youth where a polite untruth would have been less hurtful than the unvarnished truth that I actually told, and I learnt that a white lie might be harmless and indeed helpful.

The liars you are talking about are basically Walter Mitty types, and as long as no-one is conned out of money by them, or otherwise hurt by them, I see no real problem. Usually their lies are so transparent that no-one believes them after a while.

The worst types of liars are those who lie maliciously to hurt people, and those who lie to con people out of their possessions, either directly or indirectly.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The Biblical sanction is against 'bearing false witness' (perjury) rather than simply telling an untruth.
    Things 'Biblical' are not likely to be the truth.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

On contrary, the basic tenets of bible are pretty much the laws most of us live with. Many of the sories themselves are or have become, just that, but can be a good read. Just not the boring bits like all the begattings
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Bed frame update well I relisted and resold it, this buyer hasn't paid and won't respond,i mite chop it up and let my mate have it for his wood burner!
    good news on the bed front, i donated the bed frame to the british heart foundation, they raised £143 from the sale.result!!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Bought a pair of nice trousers in matalan shop for £25 and liked them so decided to go online and see if they had my size(shop only had one pair) found them and surprise, they are £16 online. Very same trousers same label but different price. £9 difference is huge. Postage was under £4. That kinda takes the piss as it cost me petrol to go there and back. No wonder shops are going out of fashion
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Bought a pair of nice trousers in matalan shop for £25 and liked them so decided to go online and see if they had my size(shop only had one pair) found them and surprise, they are £16 online. Very same trousers same label but different price. £9 difference is huge. Postage was under £4. That kinda takes the piss as it cost me petrol to go there and back. No wonder shops are going out of fashion
    That's handy to know. I also recently bought a pair of trousers from Matalan and can't find another pair in my size. I'll look online.

Rugged camo fatigues they are. Just my sort of thing!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Great! I just found exactly what I was after and ordered them. Cheers Grant.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Great! I just found exactly what I was after and ordered them. Cheers Grant.
    Good stuff.. i like matalan as they do trousers for shorty legs like me they last well too, or used to.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread