+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 540 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Grant.

Using a degauss disc is an art on old colour sets. They were a bitch to get right. Newer ones had better self degaussing inbuilt and were easier to trim off
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

People getting too close to you at supermarket checkouts.... getting too close when you enter your PIN number into machine... I hate that.... happened to me today
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    People getting too close to you at supermarket checkouts.... getting too close when you enter your PIN number into machine... I hate that.... happened to me today
    Supermarket security guys can be a pain.

Several times I've walked out of the entrance with other people leaving as I do, but if the alarm sounds, they always stop me. Which a mistake on their part, because I'm the most bloody mindedly awkward and difficult person to be dealing with.

I had one a week or two back when the alarm went. He jogged over and said "can you come back inside", to which I of course said 'NO'! He said "can I see your receipt?" Answer again, 'NO'! Then, "I need to look in your bags". I said, 'the contents of the bags are my property. I paid for them' and walked off. He didn't come after me.

I think he was running a scam. The person who really set the alarm going was a dodgy looking female with a trolley of shopping who left as I did. She'd been hanging about just inside until I left and she went out as I did. The alarm went and he had to stop somebody (me) to make it look good. I bet he knew the scruffy girl.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

probably Geoff. A lot of them are more crooked than the crooks.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Supermarket security guys can be a pain.

Several times I've walked out of the entrance with other people leaving as I do, but if the alarm sounds, they always stop me. Which a mistake on their part, because I'm the most bloody mindedly awkward and difficult person to be dealing with.

I had one a week or two back when the alarm went. He jogged over and said "can you come back inside", to which I of course said 'NO'! He said "can I see your receipt?" Answer again, 'NO'! Then, "I need to look in your bags". I said, 'the contents of the bags are my property. I paid for them' and walked off. He didn't come after me.

I think he was running a scam. The person who really set the alarm going was a dodgy looking female with a trolley of shopping who left as I did. She'd been hanging about just inside until I left and she went out as I did. The alarm went and he had to stop somebody (me) to make it look good. I bet he knew the scruffy girl.
    I think I'm right in saying unless they actually 'see' you stealing something they have absolutely no right in stopping you as you walk out of the shop

Dodgy looking scruffy girls are a pain... plenty in North End, Portsmouth.... I like to think I'm not one of them
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

I think I'm right in saying unless they actually 'see' you stealing something they have absolutely no right in stopping you as you walk out of the shop
    Well they'll certainly find it 'entertaining' if they ever physically try to stop me. It's not happened yet, despite several confrontations.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

They think that the closer they stand to you the quicker the queue will move. I turn round and with a snarling face say "you breathing down my neck will not make the queue move any quicker".
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    They think that the closer they stand to you the quicker the queue will move. I turn round and with a snarling face say "you breathing down my neck will not make the queue move any quicker".
    I deliberately move back towards people who crowd me and slow right down in what I'm doing.

I'm Geoff.

I was in a very busy LIDL and behind a customer who changed their mind about the potted plant they'd selected and the till girl went to change it. I'd been queuing for about ten minutes as it was, so after waiting to be served for another couple of minutes, I lost patience and walked out, leaving a week's worth of shopping on the conveyor. I told the security guy 'you lot can sort that out'! Getting served in LIDL is always bad. Too few staff!

I'm Grant.

Aye lidl can be bad. Aldi is much quicker, with a full belt vanishing in seconds. Mind you, lidl is quicker than Morrisons ...they are bloody dead slow and stop.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread