+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 540 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The other thing is that are a lot of folk with cars who patently don't like driving, have no passion for it and only own a car out of necessity - and so essentially are shit at it!

It's no coincidence, therefore, that these are usually the folk who are selfish, inconsiderate, inattentive and indecisive behind the wheel, guilty of the stupidity that pisses everyone else off!!

So how do we cure the problem?

Simple. Sell cars/issue licences ONLY to 'proper drivers' [a suitably rigorous test would be required to prove this]: folk with a real passion for both DRIVING and cars, and who qualify as proficient and considerate drivers on the road, and ban the rest of the fannies. JOB DONE - and you've cured the traffic congestion problem at a stroke!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The other thing is that are a lot of folk with cars who patently don't like driving, have no passion for it and only own a car out of necessity - and so essentially are shit at it!

So how do we cure the problem?
    Cunning as your solution is, Marco, we seem to be going down the self-driving cars route, which would also solve all those problems in a heartbeat.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Lol... There's certainly too much non-love for the humble automobile these days, and with successive governments, through ridiculously ill-conceived legislation, determined to suck all the joy out of motoring!!

Let's just say that, as a staunch 'petrolhead', on this issue I'd vote for Jeremy Clarkson, for PM!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

The durable simplicity has certainly been legislated out of diesel cars. Even petrol cars are getting over complex.

Bring back simple motors with rear live axles, pushrod engines with points and SU carbs I say!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

That would be fun

It would also encourage motorists to take a bit more of an interest in what happens underneath the hood!

It never ceases to amaze me how many car 'drivers' these days don't even know where the dipstick is - usually it's the one behind the wheel!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Alan.

, very good Marco.

I'm Andr'e.

Accents from arround the cuntry tend to get on my wires. But what is very odd to me: for instance someone from noo-castle would use 'Us' instead of 'Me'

'Whatcha lookin at us fer loike'

I'm Martin.

Like in Liverpool the plural for 'you' is 'youse' as in 'wharra youse lookin' at?'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andr'e.

plural! Phew that a far too intelligent wurd for me

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Like in Liverpool the plural for 'you' is 'youse' as in 'wharra youse lookin' at?'
    As in the case of when a teacher said 'Stand up, Hughes' and the whole class rose to its feet.

Another peculiarity is the luck/luke split in pronouncing the word 'look' on Merseyside. I had a schoolfriend in Birkenhead whose nickname was 'Luke' because that's how he pronounced the word, the rest of us saying 'luck'.

+ Reply to Thread