+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 540 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... Ditherers, of any description, do my dome in!

Another example of the breed are the wombats who refuse to shift (move forward) at roundabouts, unless there's no traffic, coming from the right, visible for about five miles - but even then sit there and WAIT, just in case the car they can just about make out on the horizon, has a rocket under its hood, and so might zoom up and crash into them!!

Yeah, way too risky!

GET A FOOKING MOVE ON, YOU DITHERING CONFIDENCE-STRAPPED MORONIC EXCUSE OF AN ENTITY!!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

These are the same people who stand in supermarket aisles gawping at shelf contents with their trolley swung out behind them blocking the way. I've had more than one confrontation with these idiots. They also get offended when you walk past and bang your basket against their trolley, the response is usually something like an indignant "Excuse me", to which I normally reply 'do you think I'm apologising to your f***ing trolley?'
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Never mind joining from the left or the right - it's the assholes who don't use the acceleration lane properly, and wank along joining the motorway at 50mph (or less), just because they want to sit in the inside lane, like an incontinent pensioner, holding you up in the process, when you want to zoom up to 70-80mph and enter that fast lane ASAP!!

SHIFT OUT OF THE FOOKING WAY, YOU DITHERING SLOW-ARSED FARTS!!!

Marco.
    Oh dear. In case you hadn't realised (like the outside lane being an OVERTAKING lane, not the fast lane?), there is a give way line at the end of the slip road. As in - give way to traffic on the motorway?
    So what I hate is the idiots right up your arse while you are checking it is actually safe to join. It's very hard to do that with some tosser about to run into the back of your car because he is to close and too fast. Do they not realise the car in front may be going slower than they normally would because of THEM? The closer someone is behind me, the slower I have to drive. So they are often causing the the problem they complain about.
    I often get oblivious muppets pulling out without looking, and then abusing me for being on "their" motorway. And on the bike, that could kill me.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    These are the same people who stand in supermarket aisles gawping at shelf contents with their trolley swung out behind them blocking the way. I've had more than one confrontation with these idiots. They also get offended when you walk past and bang your basket against their trolley, the response is usually something like an indignant "Excuse me", to which I normally reply 'do you think I'm apologising to your f***ing trolley?'
    There should be a licensing system for shopping trolleys. And shopping bans.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Pet hates? My cat keeps sicking up his food and asking for more. I hate HIM! He's not ill, he just gulps it down so fast it comes back up, so we have to trickle feed him.
    ABD.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I think a few here might need to take a driving test again, or consider an IAM course . . . which would cool you down, make you safer and the big one, save you a packet of money on insurance and fuel and most likely prolong the life of your brakes/tyres and the onset of greying hair

Just sayin'
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Richard,

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Oh dear. In case you hadn't realised (like the outside lane being an OVERTAKING lane, not the fast lane?), there is a give way line at the end of the slip road. As in - give way to traffic on the motorway?
    Sure, but that's a different situation to what I'm referring to. The slip road, leading to joining a motorway, is effectively an acceleration lane, allowing you, as quickly as possible, to reach the same speed as the traffic already on that motorway, which unless there is some type of hold-up, is mostly around 70mph, and in many cases faster than that.

Therefore, when I reach the end of that slip road/acceleration lane, before joining the motorway, I want to be matching the speed of the oncoming traffic (and thus be able to hit the fast/outside lane as soon as it's safe to do so), not be held back by some dithering buffoon doing 45/50mph, simply because he or she just wants to slip slowly into the inside (slow lane) behind all the trucks!

In that scenario, they're simply not only a damn nuisance and an obstacle impeding my progress, but also not using the acceleration lane/slip road correctly for its intended purpose. The fact is, it's very dangerous joining a motorway travelling at a speed significantly slower than that of the oncoming traffic; the process should be carried out as seamlessly as possible, so these ditherers are bloody a hazard.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure, but that's a different situation to what I'm referring to. The slip road, leading to joining a motorway, is effectively an acceleration lane, allowing you, as quickly as possible, to reach the same speed as the traffic already on that motorway, which unless there is some type of hold-up, is mostly around 70mph, and in many cases faster than that.

Therefore, when I reach the end of that slip road/acceleration lane, before joining the motorway, I want to be matching the speed of the oncoming traffic (and thus be able to hit the fast/outside lane as soon as it's safe to do so), not be held back by some dithering buffoon doing 45/50mph, simply because he or she just wants to slip slowly into the inside (slow lane) behind all the trucks!

In that scenario, they're simply not only a bloody nuisance and an obstacle impeding my progress, but also not using the acceleration lane/slip road correctly for its intended purpose. The fact is, it's very dangerous joining a motorway travelling at a speed significantly slower than that of the oncoming traffic; the process should be carried out as seamlessly as possible, so these ditherers are bloody a hazard.

Marco.
    Whilst I see where you're coming from, if the inside lane of the motorway is travelling at 50-ish mph due to lorries, then what they are doing is correct as the slip road is intended for them to match the speed of the traffic on the motorway. Those people who plough onto the motorway and then cut straight across to the second or third lane are usually simply being agressive. You can usually spot them a mile off by the 'Audi' badge on their car, though!

My pet hate with this situation is the people who come down the slip road, don't look in their mirrors and completely ignore you who are already on the motorway, thus expecting YOU to move out of THEIR way! Sadly, now that I have a small and boring car, I sometimes have to do this to avoid an accident but it was amazing how coming up against a big green Range Rover that wasn't budging used to make them see the error of their ways..
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Whilst I see where you're coming from,
    Well, that's a relief
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I think a few here might need to take a driving test again, or consider an IAM course . . . which would cool you down, make you safer and the big one, save you a packet of money on insurance and fuel and most likely prolong the life of your brakes/tyres and the onset of greying hair

Just sayin'
    I remember an old saying- there are two areas where men can't take criticism; sexual prowess and driving ability!
    There was a series on TV a while back about drivers with problems; each driver went out with an instructor who assessed their driving. The woman who couldn't park (her main problem was her critical sister, IIRC), the angry young man whose girlfriend was scared to go with him (he used to get angry with drivers on the motorway who didn't get out of his way as he came down the slip road, he even said they were in the wrong lane! When he had the rules explained to him he enjoyed his driving more, and so did his girlfriend!). And the older driver in a Morris Minor whose family complained he was too slow, and held up the traffic. The instructor complimented him on his driving and observation and said he could pass the driving test tomorrow!
    As for the IAM course, I did that on the motorbike, but didn't learn anything new, but then I was pretty careful already. I think there are better advanced courses and tests out there.
    I actually agree that ditherers cause problems, but IMO not nearly as many as the impatient and aggressive drivers.
    Obviously I am perfect.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread