+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 540 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why should it make a difference? Are you going to undertake them?
    No.
    But why doesn't it make a difference?

Picture this .....numerous cars in the left hand lane, all stationary, the right hand lane, which has arrow markings for straight ahead, and turning right,so in the interest of using up empty space on the road, and alleviating tail backs,so, with with just one car sitting there, no indicators going,to alert other road users of their intention, probably assuming that we all have ESP poor unsuspecting other driver joins the right hand lane, naturally thinking that as no indicators are flashing, he's going to go straight ahead, but no, the lights turn, and twat face then starts to signal to turn right, and poor sod behind him can't move until all the oncoming traffic has come across the junction, at which stage twat face moves off, and the poor sucker behind him, now half an hour behind the last car that was in the left hand lane, finally moves off.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If there are two lanes at the approach to the roundabout there are presumably two lanes for the 'straight on' exit. Therefore those cars queuing in the left-hand lane will use the left-hand lane on exit and the similarly, those in the right-hand lane will use the right-hand lane on exit..
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Picture this .....numerous cars in the left hand lane, all stationary, the right hand lane, which has arrow markings for straight ahead, and turning right,so in the interest of using up empty space on the road, and alleviating tail backs,so, with with just one car sitting there, no indicators going,to alert other road users of their intention, probably assuming that we all have ESP poor unsuspecting other driver joins the right hand lane, naturally thinking that as no indicators are flashing, he's going to go straight ahead, but no, the lights turn, and twat face then starts to signal to turn right, and poor sod behind him can't move until all the oncoming traffic has come across the junction, at which stage twat face moves off, and the poor sucker behind him, now half an hour behind the last car that was in the left hand lane, finally moves off.
    Indeed - and bloody annoying it is, too! Some folk seem to drive around as if in a stupor....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rich.

That 'home from home' East Coast rail as they show on the telly. I just did a London return in a day and let me tell you its an ouright lie. Hot, uncomfortable, sweaty overpriced pos it is.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    That 'home from home' East Coast rail as they show on the telly. I just did a London return in a day and let me tell you its an ouright lie. Hot, uncomfortable, sweaty overpriced pos it is.
    Nice scenery though (at least when you get past Newcastle )

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Nice scenery though (at least when you get past Newcastle )
    The story goes that travelling back to London from her Scottish estate, Queen Victoria would instruct the curtains be closed in her carriage before she passed Newcastle, apparently she couldn't bear to look at it.

I'd imagine this compares to the sense if relief I feel when the train reaches Durham and the cathedral all lit up comes into view... You can't deny its a lovely sight.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    The story goes that travelling back to London from her Scottish estate, Queen Victoria would instruct the curtains be closed in her carriage before she passed Newcastle, apparently she couldn't bear to look at it.

I'd imagine this compares to the sense if relief I feel when the train reaches Durham and the cathedral all lit up comes into view... You can't deny its a lovely sight.
    The stretch around Berwick's my favourite bit. Coming back approaching King's Cross with the anticipation of mixing with the hoi polloi on the tube is also a high spot.

I'm Rich.

Forums with too many obnoxious members that just post to criticise the OP or their question, rather than contribute to the thread.

Avoiding it is why i enjoy visiting AOS so much :-)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    Forums with too many obnoxious members that just post to criticise the OP or their question, rather than contribute to the thread.

Avoiding it is why i enjoy visiting AOS so much :-)
    Nicely put. There are many such forums.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

I have never tried any other forums, seems like there are some unfriendly forums out there. Very happy here on AOS, nice people with loads of knowledge. I have been lucky enough to have met some members in person, all of who were/ are great guys.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread