+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 540 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Oh Macca, your last paragraph, that's how they get you!
    I used to be a professional gambler man and I can tell you now, if you think luck is random you are wrong.

I give you an example. I'm paying a quid a week for the bonus ball sweep. I don't win for two and a half years. On average I should have won at least twice in that time. So if I quit that I save a quid a week, and it isn't like the lottery, I won't be left training the temps.

But I told everyone, you watch my number will come in now after 30 months of no show. And it did, on the very next Saturday after I quit the sweep.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

"If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all".

The one thing that lotto gives which is beyond dispute, is hope. Makes it a bit of a bargain I suppose.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

If there was no syndicate I would not play the lotto. But if there is then I have no choice even if it is only to guarantee it won't win. That's the meat of it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

The penny's finally dropped. I see what you mean now.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

It's essentially a 'Seinfeld' plot that they never used.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Russell.

I took my ex to the horse races. I was reading all the stats, trying to make informed bets. She was picking the horse with the name she liked. I lost every time and she won 3 in a row! I started bidding with her and we wound up having drinks and food, and still left with $50 more than I showed up with! I wonder if my ex would think me weird if called her to pick some horses?

Russell

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post

My wife immediately noticed I was pointless and our relationship was meaningless from the next room!
    I didn't notice my wife in the next room.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Martin.

Any scientist of good philosopher will tell you there is no such thing as luck.

Its never ceases to amaze me how we are so fascinated by the concept of luck. It is an abstract concept which is fickle unpredictable and cantankerous

"There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe". Its an event based on probability. Your being born in this country or meeting someone is a random event which you then try and put into a wider context.

The rest is your head full of lucky clover

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    "There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe". Its an event based on probability. Your being born in this country or meeting someone is a random event which you then try and put into a wider context
    Lucky somebody worked that all out for us.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Lucky somebody worked that all out for us.
    Yeah but I think its best we get our heads round that because I dont think believing in luck gets us too far in life. I understand why people talk about luck and its just a comfort blanket mainly for people who cant face the statistical truth

+ Reply to Thread