+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 540 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Only quoting verbatim from a primary source.

You see a lot of bad stuff about Virgin customer services but I've had to contact them twice in the last year and they've been faultless both times. As far as the DVLC is concerned they are probably glad of the 'phone ringing as it breaks the monotony. I've done jobs like that.
    Never had cause to ring the DVLA. but both times I've had to ring Virgin support I've got through to someone with an impenetrable accent whose advice, what I could understand of it anyway, was of the 'have you tried switching it off and on again?' variety. Both times I waited a day or so, rang back and managed to speak to someone with more of a clue.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Public sector workers:

Too many sad, inadequate, lazy little men, sitting in dreary little offices, in their cheap grey suits [soiled incontinence pants underneath] carrying out their dull dead-end jobs, to the minimum required standard, devoid of ambition, leading overall mundane, unfulfilled working existences, before leaving to 'live' their equally sad, dull little lives at home...

*But* of course they're not ALL like that, just some of them

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Public sector workers:

Too many sad, inadequate, lazy little men, sitting in dreary little offices, in their cheap grey suits [soiled incontinence pants underneath] carrying out their dull dead-end jobs, to the minimum required standard, devoid of ambition, leading overall mundane, unfulfilled working existences, before leaving to 'live' their equally sad, dull little lives at home...

Marco.
    And the women are as bad if not worse.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    And the women are as bad if not worse
    There's nothing to choose between them in my experience. You get people who do a proper day's work and there are those who wander about with a coffee mug chatting or carrying a couple of bits of paper, so they look like they're doing something, usually junior supervisors and management assistants.

So what can be done to shove a rocket up the arses of these lazy, incompetent inadequates (of both sexes), so that they're FORCED to WORK for their wages?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

I worked in Local Government for 35 years and yes, there was a lot of 'dead wood' (most of it 'pruned' via the interminable restructures we were always subjected to & involved in) but it opened my eyes when we entered into a public sector partnership with an external company of Architects/Engineers/Surveyors, their lot were a bloody sight worse than us.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I worked in Local Government for 35 years and yes, there was a lot of 'dead wood' (most of it 'pruned' via the interminable restructures we were always subjected to & involved in) but it opened my eyes when we entered into a public sector partnership with an external company of Architects/Engineers/Surveyors, their lot were a bloody sight worse than us.
    HaHa. Damn right! I went though exactly the same thing (more than once).

The civil engineering consultants who took over the local authority technical services where I was, were a shambles. Classic example of 'lowest tender'. They were also pretty top heavy, loads of managers and middle managers .......There may even have been a tea break manager!

I'm Martin.

Public sector workers:

Marco.
    I think there is less of it now as they prune down with cutbacks. I agree though and it always shocked me how different the staff are compared with the qualities wanted in the job advert.

I looked round at a bunch of lazy people with real issues that didnt want you to upset the way things are. The worst ones are the people who enjoy playing the jobsworth, back stabbing game while doing damn all themselves. They seem to have a hotline to the top.

In many cases the management dont want the staff to be too keen or ambititious as they dont want to be shown up themselves. You get this lowest common denominator of staff that wont ask too many questions

The days of just getting though to retirement while keeping out of sight in an office are dying out. I agree with you that I see plenty of people and wonder how they ever got the job. Its is also an issue of inept management.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 07-04-2018 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I looked round at a bunch of lazy people with real issues that didnt want you to upset the way things are. The worst ones are the people who enjoy playing the jobsworth, back stabbing game while doing damn all themselves. They seem to have a hotline to the top.

In many cases the management dont want the staff to be too keen or ambititious as they dont want to be shown up themselves. You get this lowest common denominator of staff that wont ask too many questions...

The days of just getting though to retirement while keeping out of sight in an office are dying out. I agree with you that I see plenty of people and wonder how they ever got the job. Its is also an issue of inept management.
    Indeed, Martin, and it's the mentality you outline in both instances above that I find deeply repugnant - and the public sector is full of these 'nobody' wastes of space, who often resent the 'somebodys', who've actually managed to make a success of their lives, by properly utilizing their skill sets!

The bit in bold blue, however, is the worst, as I've been a victim of that when I worked in retail [too keen to do well, and be successful, thus exposing the ineptitude of the management], and it's fundamentally what holds this country back in many ways, compared with how things are in places such as France and Germany, where the attitude and work ethic I've found is very different!!

Some fat backsides here, in the public sector, definitely need a good booting....

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Indeed, Martin, and it's the mentality you outline in both instances above that I find deeply repugnant - and the public sector is full of these 'nobody' wastes of space, who often resent the 'somebodys', who've actually managed to make a success of their lives, by properly utilizing their skill sets!

The bit in bold blue, however, is the worst, as I've been a victim of that when I worked in retail [too keen to do well, and be successful, thus exposing the ineptitude of the management], and it's fundamentally what holds this country back in many ways, compared with how things are in countries such as France and Germany, where the attitude and work ethic I've found is very different!!
    It isn't just the public sector, regrettably. Nor is it just a British phenomena if my experience of working for multi-nationals is anything to go by. The bigger the organization the more people there are who are getting away with doing jack shit, and the result is that all of the problems that creates get dumped on the minority who are capable and hard-working.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread