+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 540 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

I think you've lost sight of the true spirit of Easter. It's all about making yourself sick on chocolate eggs, after rolling them down a hill (don't know if that last bit is just a Preston tradition).
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Can you do that? I thought placing a bid committed you to buy.
    Only once the auction has ended. Up to that point you can cancel your bid.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

Ive got some Celestion 3s Mk 1 ok but not as good as Royd Conistons

You can cancel your bid by saying entered wrong amount or something. I think you have a certain time before the last day of auction to do it. It doesnt give you many check box options and they dont really like it....... wrong amount asks you to enter the right amount but I never did...I just cancelled and left it...its quite a common occurence

It will leave you with a bid cancelled marker but some large volume bidders have fifty cancelled bid markers and it doesnt seem to affect their account.

You will probably get outbid but you can contact the seller and say that you dont really need to win now and see if they will do a cancellation of sale if you do win. Thats probably the best option and it doesnt leave you with a bid marker

I havent cancelled a bid in years but its not the end of the world if you do. It might be best to ask the seller first that you dont need them now and see what they say
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 30-03-2018 at 21:24.

I'm John.

I think you've lost sight of the true spirit of Easter. It's all about making yourself sick on chocolate eggs, after rolling them down a hill (don't know if that last bit is just a Preston tradition).
    What if they roll through some dogshit?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    What if they roll through some dogshit?
    No extra charge?

I'm Martin.

They like it like that up Preston way, eeh bah gum.

'Theeve no dog shite on thee egg yet son, get back up top ot hill.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I ran through that line in my head, using my dad's voice and it fit perfectly

Things were easier in the good old days when you got white dog shit. You could just brush it off and carry on.

I'm talking about Avenham Park, so there's a good chance that some of the turds would be human-not much you can do about that

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

Things were easier in the good old days when you got white dog shit. You could just brush it off and carry on.

I'm talking about Avenham Park, so there's a good chance that some of the turds would be human-not much you can do about that
    more dogs eating raw bones then...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

:
    I just have to think of my uncle Frank from Rainhill. He spent 40 years working nights in a glass factory but my god he was the funniest man alive. He could tell a funny story and remain completely deadpan throughout, and his accent and his expressions were priceless. He used to have us rolling about clutching our sides crying tears of laughter. Man, I miss him.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Yes, my granddad was like that, he was also the king of toilet humour, and had some funny ways about him. Every morning my grandma had to hang all his clothes, including his belt, in front of the fire before he would put them on.

A couple of his stories:

"I went for a muck this morning and when I looked in the toilet, it was in the shape of a question mark. And it got me thinking..." as he stares wistfully into the distance.

"Me and your grandma have to put our teeth in separate glasses at night, or they fight, and the noise keeps us awake"

Every now and again, I'll remember something else about him, and it's a bit like finding a forgotten fiver in your coat pocket, only better

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread