+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 540 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Maybe you have a subtle age related hearing issue? I know I do.
    Well, yes there is that - but I would guess that at least half the audience for that program have the same problem..

I'm Martin.

I'm always amazed how many people listen to Radio 4. It's either boring or unsettling.

I did use to listen to Today until Brian Redhead died. But I'd always switch off after that as it was something astonishingly dull on afterwards.

I suppose if you want to time-travel back to the 1950s it's almost as good as a nuclear powered DeLorean.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Not my cuppa. "Astonishingly dull" is an apt summary of Radio 4, especially if, like me, you hate politics! Some of the afternoon plays used to be good, though.

Thankfully, my hearing (and eyesight) are still very good, although I'm not exactly old.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not my cuppa. "Astonishingly dull" is an apt summary of Radio 4, especially if, like me, you hate politics! Some of the afternoon plays used to be good, though.

Thankfully, my hearing (and eyesight) are still very good, although I'm not exactly old.

Marco.
    I tend to listen to radio 4 whilst on my delivery,granted there's some tedious and annoying stuff but some good comedy and documentary s sometimes catch a bit of woman's hour!!! The odd double standard on there.one minute you can't find a woman attractive next it's phwaoor at David Beckham
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Thinking about Brian Redhead, the standard of BBC presenters really has plummeted in the last decade. I sometimes think that they have deliberately picked the worst possible people for the job.

Like that scruffy get who presents Newsnight. You're on the telly mate, don't you think it might have been a good idea to have a shave, maybe put a tie on? Must be on £500K a year and it looks like he mugged a tramp and nicked his clothes.

Tony Blair was to blame. Some people looked at him and thought 'Hey the Prime Minister reckons he doesn't need to wear a tie so that means I can stop doing it too.'

And the rest of us thought 'Scruffy bastard. If I've got to wear a tie to work then the Prime Minister should certainly have to.' It should actually be in the rules. And no beards or tashses either (unless you ex navy or army). A full beard looks wrong on all but 1 in a 1000 men so it probably doesn't suit you. Jeremy Corbyn for example, just looks like he can't be arsed to shave. Which is probably the truth of it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mark.

Don't the RAF qualify for a facial hair allowance too? All those old flying aces had handlebars didn't they?

I'm Martin.

Fair point, used to have one come in the pub. Huge handlebar moustache, ginger as well. Always wanted his pint served in a jar. Not a straight glass. The opposite of Michael Caine in Get Carter. Dressed like 'The Major' from Fawlty Towers.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

I don't respect 'affectations'.

I'm Martin.

Unlikely to get an ex serviceman as PM anyway. I know there are a few knocking about as MPs but they've come in too late, the career politicians have it all sewn up now.

They're not thick but all they know is politics. And being an expert at politics is no qualification for governing a country. And because of 2 party system we are stuck with whatever professional politician gets churned up from Labour or Conservative.

None of them have a clue what to do and they are not really that interested in even trying. You can see it in their faces when they interview them, they are all just blagging it.

I've no solution like, I'm just ranting pointlessly.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've no solution like, I'm just ranting pointlessly.
    Revolution mate, It's the only answer. Well overdue if you ask me. I'd love to be in charge, the firing squads would be busy for a long time!

+ Reply to Thread