+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 540 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    . When we were growing up adults were in charge. Now we're grown up it's the kids who are in charge. There was never a time when we were "boss".

Man that is so true. Next time you are in the whacky warehouse shit one out for me too. Little bastards.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mark.

But who put the kids in charge - or did they just take over?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    But who put the kids in charge - or did they just take over?
    I don't know exactly when it happened but at some point in the last 30 years it went from 'Children should be seen and not heard' to 'You must indulge your child in its every whim otherwise you are a bad parent,'

Next thing you know you've got a 'Lord Of The Flies' situation on your hands.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

The differences between adults and children are mainly that children are told what to do by adults and adults have been around long enough to hopefully accumulate some experience and judgement, although many seem to have failed in that. Lets face it, most idiotic things are done by grown-ups, not kids. So, yep, put the kids in charge I say! It can't be any worse (or can it? )

I'm Martin.

Come round to my brother's place with me sometime you'll soon see. They think adults exist purely to entertain them. Bugging you all the time.

My other brother is more old school in his approach and his children are a lot better. They want to go off and do their own thing rather than pester the adults.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

The only kids I have any dealings with are my grand daughters. They fight like hell, but are lovely really. The oldest one will be fourteen before to long and has been very grown up for a long time. The younger one is a bit of a loose cannon, but nice with it.

I'm Martin.

I'll give you an example, my nephew is building a lego model and he's missing a piece. Can't have gone far. So he announces it and immediately his parents have dropped everything and are on their hands and knees searching for it, my 78 year old mother, too, whilst he just stands there.

I told them all that they were out of their tiny minds.

What really gets me is that when I was his age, if I'd gone to my mother and said 'I've lost a bit of lego' her response would have been 'Well you'd best get looking for it then.'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'll give you an example, my nephew is building a lego model and he's missing a piece. Can't have gone far. So he announces it and immediately his parents have dropped everything and are on their hands and knees searching for it, my 78 year old mother, too, whilst he just stands there.

I told them all that they were out of their tiny minds.

What really gets me is that when I was his age, if I'd gone to my mother and said 'I've lost a bit of lego' her response would have been 'Well you'd best get looking for it then.'
    That's what I mean - adults get the kids they deserve by and large. Admittedly there will be some kids difficult by nature but on the whole adults are to blame. Bringing up your children properly is the most important job anyone can have.

I'm Martin.

It's bad for the children too. What are they going to grow up like? When you are grown up and out on your own you have to find your own missing lego. No wonder you've got all these people who 'can't cope' these days. They can't solve their own problems because they've never learnt how to, mummy and daddy have always done it for them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

why do you think they were all on knees looking for it? to teach the kid.... its like when you want the puppy to crap outside... youve gotta go out and crap in garden, so it gets the idea
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread