+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 540 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I too have a VCR which was still in use until fairly recently. Not sure how I would hook it up to my current TV though.
    Its not too bad actually through a scart onto a HD telly. Ive got the Jarre Houston concert and a few others that were never released on disc...yes I know they are generally on you tube now. I have industry recorded tapes and the hold up very well. I thought I would see more drop out but its pretty good considering. I had Video 8 once and that was very good with a home recording

I have remote control scart switching boxes and I go RGB when its supported. I like firing it up from time to time. What am I going to get for a VCR now....a fiver?...... so my way of thinking is I wont abandon the facility to play a 40 year history of VHS tapes

I'm Martin.

No scart inputs on my telly. There is a VHF input though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

Folk on forums who dislike anyone challenging their 'world view' or belief system!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

And people who go hunting for things to be offended by. First against the wall when the revolution comes!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    And people who go hunting for things to be offended by
    Nothing wrong with being condemned by self-righteous bigots. Or is there? ...............

I'm Martin.

And people who go hunting for things to be offended by. First against the wall when the revolution comes!
    I'm with you there, man. They seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate. What went wrong there was we stopped saying 'No-one gives a fuck if you're offended mate, so just piss off' and started taking them seriously. I do not know who the first person to do that was but no one stopped him and now it's taken hold. It happened and we all let it happen.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I blame the parents!

Seriously, I think these individuals who get upset at everything that conflicts with their world view should thank mummy and daddy for overprotecting them from the realities of life, leaving them ill-equipped to accept that there are people outside of their "family unit" with different but equally valid opinions.

I'm tempted to suggest that they should "man up", but I don't want to appear sexist

I'm Martin.

They should give 'manning-up' lessons at school. We'd see the improvement in just a couple of years I think.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Seriously, I think these individuals who get upset at everything that conflicts with their world view should thank mummy and daddy for overprotecting them from the realities of life, leaving them ill-equipped to accept that there are people outside of their "family unit" with different but equally valid opinions.
    Pigmy Pony for prime minister!!

Can't stand delicate little flowers, who take offence at the slightest thing

Next up: political correctness. Fuck that BULLSHITE, too!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Next up: political correctness. Fuck that BULLSHITE, too!!

Marco.
    HaHa. Bang on Marco! Bollocks to it all. I'd probably be arrested if I expressed all my thoughts (despite being a gentle, caring and sensitive soul ).

+ Reply to Thread