+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 540 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I'm not really sure why, but it annoys the shit out of me when I get a response to an ad that I've placed on gumtree that asks what the lowest I'll take for the item is. I can't help but send an obnoxious reply, the price I want is clearly marked on the ad, if they make an offer I'm happy to politely reply with a yes or no, but that just gets on my nerves.

Is it just me?
    It is just you. Comes from being a miserable bugger

The old rules of barter still apply. The seller wants as much as they can get for the item, the buyer wants to pay the least. Reverse the roles so the seller becomes the buyer and vice versa, their stances change over instantly and the same bartering rules still apply.

I don't mind knocking off a few quid for a speedier sale, but what really makes my blood boil is when these numpties offer ludicrously low amounts thinking you are either very desperate or plain stupid I usually reply by saying if it was their item would they accept such an absurd amount?
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    It is just you. Comes from being a miserable bugger
    I don't mind knocking off a few quid for a speedier sale, but what really makes my blood boil is when these numpties offer ludicrously low amounts thinking you are either very desperate or plain stupid I usually reply by saying if it was their item would they accept such an absurd amount?
    I don't give to beggars on the street. I surely am not giving to them on Gumtree or eBay.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Russell.

I’ve written in a sales ad, “Low ball offers will receive hardy laughter!”. To heck with ignoring it.

Back to the pet topic:
    I once had a cat that when I was blasting rock music full tilt she would set in front of the speaker, with ears pinned back, and lean in until her whiskers touched the woofer cone. Strange cat.

I’ve had many pets over the years and never gave any thought to them hurting my stereo. And they never did. I had a drunken girlfriend break my record player once, and I sprayed her in the fac...,well we won’t go there! But once I did find a mouse hole in my woofer cone, field mouse living in my speaker? Can you imagine? He must have been deaf, or a real rock fan!

Russell

I'm sorted.

These things

They NEVER work

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    These things

They NEVER work
    I don't have any problem with them.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

These things

They NEVER work
    never stay stuck with me either. i tape them up with selotape
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I use these things (after the reseal label has failed)

I'm John.

Agreed. They never work. But that is compounded by the fact that the glue they use to seal the packets in the first place is so effective that you end up tearing it in half when you open it, which makes the useless sticky strip even more necessary. And even more useless.
    These things

They NEVER work
    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I gave up on it after about 15 minutes. I like a lot of his previous stuff but he's got less funny as he's got older and wealthier. Same with a lot of these comedians, they start off well and then at some point they start thinking they're Peter Sellers and then that's it.
    I don't mind Car Share, actually. It's just a bit different from what he's done before. I think a lot of the problem with Kay, or anyone else, is that people generally don't like change, and they'll always judge you on the shows you originally started with, which as such will act as the benchmark. In that respect, it's a bit like the dreaded 'second album', for a musician, after a huge success with the first one.

Unfortunately however, in this instance with comedy, folk want you to stay the same and do the same stuff that made them laugh the first time, and unfortunately that's not how it works, or it would get very boring. Plus, actors or comedians like to push the boundaries and challenge themselves doing new things. The worst thing you can do is stagnate and only be known and recognised for performing one specific role.

In that respect, I don't think that Peter Kay has set out to change or be less funny than he once was, just because he's wealthier now [I don't buy that]; it's simply that the new material/scripts he's currently working with might not succeed in showcasing his funny side as well as his previous shows did, or that they just doesn't appeal to you the same.

That's more likely the reality

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

I've not seen all the episodes of car share but most of those I have seen were, at best, mildly amusing in places. I think far from him doing something different he is doing the same thing but in ever decreasing circles. 'Less is more' only works so far, at some point it just becomes less.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread