+ Reply to Thread
Page 369 of 540 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Sat in all afternoon waiting for British Gas bloke. No sign of him at 5 pm, so rang up and asked where he was. 'He'll be with you shortly' was the reply. At 5.45, a call from British Gas. 'Sorry we've had to cancel your appointment today, we're ringing to re-arrange'. Me: 'I spoke to you lot at 5 and you said the bloke was on his way'. British Gas: 'Oh, I don't know why anyone would have told you that.' Me: 'I don't know either'.

Bastards!
    This is what you get when a company has a monopoly, or when the monopoly is taken away but the competition is no better.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Tell them you expect a 10% discount off of your next energy bill (or claim loss of earnings), for your inconvenience, because you had to take a day off work to wait in for a 'no show', and demand to speak to a supervisor about it.

I did that once and managed to get a £50 credit applied to my account. Simply don't put up with incompetence and/or bullshit. Complain and take a stand against it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I'm considering switching to MarcoGas. Plentiful supply and quite safe - if there's a gas leak you'll know about it all right.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Tell them you expect a 10% discount off of your next energy bill (or claim loss of earnings), for your inconvenience, because you had to take a day off work to wait in for a 'no show', and demand to speak to a supervisor about it.

I did that once and managed to get a £50 credit applied to my account. Simply don't put up with incompetence and/or bullshit. Complain and take a stand against it!

Marco.
    Depends whether you want to spend a couple of hours on the phone breaking some stupid kid's balls. Really just not worth it. I'd want £200 an hour to do that. Yes, I'd feel guilty but £200 an hour.

The trick is not to be with British Gas in the first place. They are more expensive than the others for no added value. You're going to get a rubbish service anyway, might as well pay the least amount for it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Depends whether you want to spend a couple of hours on the phone breaking some stupid kid's balls.
    Didn't take me anything like that long - about 35 mins, tops, during which time I spoke with a supervisor and obtained the necessary compensation. I can be pretty persuasive! It's more about the principal than anything else, as I abhor incompetence.

We did a price comparison this year, with various energy suppliers, and switched to an online-only deal with British Gas, as they were the cheapest.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Football cards

I like a gamble, I'll bet on raindrops running down a window pane. But I hate football cards, I mean it bears no connection to football whatsoever. It might as just as well be the names of fruit and veg, it would make zero difference. And it's too easy to cheat.

Had one come round at work today, 50 options, for charity so had a go despite my misgivings; picked Liverpool (of course) and Ajax because I always liked them for some reason.

They scratch off the thing and the winner is Aston pissing Villa. Then my oppo says to me 'Oh you could see there was an 'S' in it where some of the silver had been scratched off.'

Yeah thanks for giving me that tip after the game's over. What a pal. Next time I'm telling them no chance don't care what the charity is, even if it's cats, I'm not bothered. Not playing that game no more.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

People who disturb the summer peace with those bloody petrol driven leaf blowers and industrial strimmers. I look out and some workman is clearing some communal or business land by the church....of course my windows are open as I dont want to sit in a sweat box

Its not like the sound of a normal family lawnmower which can be quite pleasant...its a high revving, really annoying, higher pitched and very loud

Im having a lovely afternoon off and its like a nasty unsilenced scooter constantly reving for hours on end. It does my flipping nut in

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Football cards

I like a gamble, I'll bet on raindrops running down a window pane. But I hate football cards, I mean it bears no connection to football whatsoever. It might as just as well be the names of fruit and veg, it would make zero difference. And it's too easy to cheat.

Had one come round at work today, 50 options, for charity so had a go despite my misgivings; picked Liverpool (of course) and Ajax because I always liked them for some reason.

They scratch off the thing and the winner is Aston pissing Villa. Then my oppo says to me 'Oh you could see there was an 'S' in it where some of the silver had been scratched off.'

Yeah thanks for giving me that tip after the game's over. What a pal. Next time I'm telling them no chance don't care what the charity is, even if it's cats, I'm not bothered. Not playing that game no more.
    Were you not wearing your lucky trackies?

I never have any luck with stuff like that, but I always seem to get drawn in.

Euro '96 was an exception though. Somebody at work drew up a sweepstake, and we got to choose two teams at £2 each. None of the money went to a charity, it all went to winner and runner up. I got on it late and got stuck with Germany and Czech Republic. Didn't have to wait for final - got all of it.

Wasn't exactly life changing though.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Were you not wearing your lucky trackies?
    That's the thing, I was. Even though the elastic in the waistband is close to perishing.

Football cards are like betting on whether Schrodinger's cat is alive or dead.

It's a nightmare at work, That sort of thing comes round all the time, there's 2 lotto syndicates plus a bonus ball sweepstake. And every day someone is having a child, or a birthday, or getting married. If someone moves to another department, they have a leaving whip-round! Even though they are only moving to another part of the office or to another building. I've got to work an hour a day just to earn enough to cover all that crap.

And before anyone writes in to say you don't have to be in the lottery syndicates - yes you do! If you aren't and it comes in they're all off like rats out of a drainpipe and you're left on your todd to train all the temps they'll bring in to replace them. And if you are not in it believe me it will come in. Happened to a mate of mine.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Oh Macca, your last paragraph, that's how they get you!

I used to be in a lottery syndicate with six others, and when I left I kept my numbers going. I met up with them on the last work day before Christmas for a bit of a reunion, and straighten up with them. My share was one £1 ticket per week. The payout each year wasn't anything to write home about. One year I asked them what I owed them and it was £52. That was the last time I had anything to do with Lotto. The other six people have all since retired or been made redundant. reckon I saved a few quid there.

When Anita used to drive for Stagecoach, a work colleague won a couple of million ("it won't change me one bit!" he proudly declared.) last she heard of him he was spending his "early retirement bombing round in a new Jag in between holidays. Bastard.

She does this "Postcode Lottery, and I don't mind that. So long as those red-clad doorstep botherers give me some notice so I can be out. No win is big enough to make me endure that.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread