+ Reply to Thread
Page 371 of 540 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Geoff.

Some say, 'you make your own luck', which of course is nonsense. If you've used your brains and applied effort to make a situation work, that's not luck. Of course it could all go wrong anyway, regardless of good intent and ability. Now would that be bad luck?

I'm Steve.

'Lucky' would be as good a word as any to describe someone who, for instance won a prize by having his name pulled out of a hat containing a thousand names. 'Raggy bastard' would do just as well. But before the draw he had no greater chance of winning than the other 999 names. So 'luck' can only describe something that has already happened, and has no meaning as far as future events are concerned.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

Greg Wallace returns in yet another series of ‘eat well for less’, how many times do these thick as pig shit people need to be told ‘supermarkets own brands are cheaper’? Then they teach them how to make pale imitations of their favourite takeaways. Looks like our know nothing ex-greengrocer slaphead has been putting on the beef (the shows rules don’t apply to him) as he celebrates the fifth day he hasn’t worn a shirt

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Greg Wallace returns in yet another series of ‘eat well for less’, how many times do these thick as pig shit people need to be told ‘supermarkets own brands are cheaper’? Then they teach them how to make pale imitations of their favourite takeaways. Looks like our know nothing ex-greengrocer slaphead has been putting on the beef (the shows rules don’t apply to him) as he celebrates the fifth day he hasn’t worn a shirt

Just showed this to my missus and she laughed. Very true.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

As someone who has absolutely no difficulty avoiding these shows (there's always something else on and failing that, books), I find myself at a disadvantage. What's this about no shirt for five days? And did I once see this fat tosser on that 'Strictly come-on-my-face Dancing' programme?

Maybe I need to be more 'down with the kids'.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    As someone who has absolutely no difficulty avoiding these shows (there's always something else on and failing that, books), I find myself at a disadvantage. What's this about no shirt for five days? And did I once see this fat tosser on that 'Strictly come-on-my-face Dancing' programme?

Maybe I need to be more 'down with the kids'.
    Maybe it was just one day then & yes, he's good value for your licence fee

I'm Steve.

Bit like saying chronic diarrhoea is good value for your toilet.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Oh god yes the Greg Wallace programme...I caught five minutes of it and its another family who dont mind being patronised for the fee to make pig shit television for people who must be thick as PS to watch it.

I know he wants the exposure and to be as annoying as Gordon Ramsay but who commissions all these naff tv programmes. He is annoying enough on master chef without all these other spin offs (make wallace a household name).

Its mostly BS anyway as with the price of raw ingredients you dont just rustle up a meal without significant cost. They make out you can feed the five thousand with small amounts of ingredients. Fish meat and other ingredients cost so unless you are eating lentils all week its debatable how much can actually be saved.

To think any family needs that programme to cotton on is truly scary

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's essentially a 'Seinfeld' plot that they never used.
    I did like Seinfeld, first 2 and a bit series arnt great but necessary to get to know the characters, poor Lilly, well she looked like a lilly
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I did like Seinfeld, first 2 and a bit series arnt great but necessary to get to know the characters, poor Lilly, well she looked like a lilly
    It was okay, although from that era I preferred The Larry Sanders Show.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread