+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 540 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    None of that is an issue, Barry. You avoid what you can avoid, and what you can't help touching, afterwards you wash your hands thoroughly (normally these days there is an electronic hand-drier in public rest rooms), so there's no need to handle some manky towel, and then apply some antiseptic hand-wash to your hands afterwards.

What steps do you take, when out and about, to maintain good hygiene standards?

Marco.
    I'm not at all fussy about touching door handles, lavatory seats or the flush handles (or push buttons). The only thing I check is to see that there is plenty of loo paper available.

Afterwards I wash my hands, and if there isn't a hot air dryer, or one of those paper dispensing units, will return to the cubicle and use the loo paper to dry my hands.

The only time I use an antiseptic hand wash gel is when I'm abroad (especially in parts foreign) and far from washing facilities, but it is only in the last ten years or so have I started using it. I've done a lot of travelling around the world, to places which are the back of beyond, and which have had the most appalling toilet facilities, but I have survived - probably because I got my 'peck of dirt' as a child.
    Last edited by Barry; 18-07-2018 at 15:11. Reason: grammar
    Barry

I'm Adam.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

To be honest, I fail to see what the problem is with regard to handling a toilet seat, flush handle or soap dispenser - if you’re going to subsequently wash your hands then it doesn’t matter.

Also, if you use your sleeve to operate a handle that has germs on it then, unless you wash your sleeves as well, you’re carrying those germs around with you all day. If you’d used your hand, they’d be washed off shortly afterwards!

Frankly, I’m detecting fair levels of germ phobia and OCD from some on this thread!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    To be honest, I fail to see what the problem is with regard to handling a toilet seat, flush handle or soap dispenser - if you’re going to subsequently wash your hands then it doesn’t matter.
    There's no "problem", as such. But, quite simply, why handle them if you can take simple steps to avoid it? And if you have to handle them, then just wash (and/or disinfect) your hands thoroughly afterwards. That's my view. There's no need for any drama!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm not at all fussy about touching door handles, lavatory seats or the flush handles (or push buttons). The only thing I check is too see if there is plenty of loo paper available.

Afterwards I wash my hands, and if there isn't a hot air dryer, or one of those paper dispensing units, will return to the cubicle and use the loo paper to dry my hands.

The only time I use an antiseptic hand wash gel is when I'm abroad (especially in parts foreign) and far from washing facilities, but it is only in the last ten years or so have I started using it. I've done a lot of travelling around the world, to places which are the back of beyond, and which have had the most appalling toilet facilities, but I have survived - probably because I got my 'peck of dirt' as a child.
    Fair enough. I am - especially in public places, as some can be disgusting and utterly filthy. Those in toilets in motorway service stations being a key case in point!

Points all noted and accepted in your last paragraph

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post

Also, if you use your sleeve to operate a handle that has germs on it then, unless you wash your sleeves as well, you’re carrying those germs around with you all day. If you’d used your hand, they’d be washed off shortly afterwards!

Frankly, I’m detecting fair levels of germ phobia and OCD from some on this thread!
    Those were my thoughts as well.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Seriously? The dirty bastards. They must have been pissed or stoned out of their senses.
    Animals, not human beings

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Those were my thoughts as well.
    So who would consider as being guilty of such? That question is directed at both Adam and you. We're all friends here, so can handle some criticism.

Personally, I haven't seen any evidence of OCD, simply a determination from some, more than others, to avoid germs where possible. It's a quite a leap from there to OCD!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Seriously? The dirty bastards. They must have been pissed or stoned out of their senses.
    They are frequently to be found posting in the 'three words daily' thread.

I'm Martin.

if you are carrying around your own anti-bacterial gell that's a step too far IMO.

If they issued specs which you could put on and see all the germs and contamination around you - a bit like in 'They Live', you'd realise it's an impossible task to avoid it.

Try not to put shit directly in your mouth if you can help it, otherwise forget about it. It isn't healthy to be concerned about these things.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    No doubt both. And they were probably rubbing shoulders with others in the bar later.

There always seemed at festivals to be an attitude of "It's festival time, lets give hygiene a holiday", and I'm sure the younger ones were the worst offenders, certainly they were generally more smelly to be stood next to. Perhaps they were just used to having mum standing over them, making sure they "wash behind their ears".

When having to live in those conditions I would argue that personal hygiene is all the more important. The toilets were always so dire that I would use the power(?) of my mind to enforce weekend-long constipation. They were only ever as clean as the dirtiest bastard using them. On the occasions when my "mental block" let me down, my stock statement when emerging was always "That in there wasn't me!"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread